Fair price?

• More

• Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry to Hijack OP, but you may want to chime in with your VIN from the cowl. I think the year on your import tag is wrong. It shouldn’t affect the value of your car though.

I’m leaning towards all 1973 LHD CSI’s getting built in ‘72. My CSI was built in October, and is over 3,000 units away from the VIN range stop. That’s about 1,000 units per month. The model year generally started production in September, which would come out to 4,000+ LHD 1973 CSI’s. I’m sure someone has a book with actual production numbers, but that number seems fair. One caveat, I do my think they use the sameness model year starting point in europe. Since CSI’s had no US market, that could have an effect on the estimates. Anyone?

The BMW 3.0 CSi VIN 2263445 was manufactured on October 05th, 1972 and delivered on October 09th, 1972 to the BMW dealer Wahl in Hüttental, Germany. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 060.

Actual Registry cutoff for the 226 VINs
https://e9-driven.com/RegistryList.asp?Sort=Vin&Model=&filter=&PgCnt=31

Just want to chime in on the '73 VIN question - My never ending '73 CSi restoration was built almost exactly a year after Markos' car, and about 3000 units done in that time, so it's one of the last '73's -

The BMW 3.0 CSi VIN 2266099 was manufactured on October 8th, 1973 and delivered on October 11th, 1973 to the BMW dealer Karell in Mainz. The original colour was Taiga metallic, paint code 072.

Given there were still another three hundred or so '73 CSi coupes built after mine, one would figure the changeover to '74's came in mid/late October '73

Just relaying the facts I have.....

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Car listed for sale on Ebay starts tomorrow 11 pst. Lets see what the going rate is.

Thank you for all your feedback!

Paul

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Here is the language of the listing.

This is original all matching 1974 BMW 3.0 CSI E9.

Rare opportunity to own a piece of classic car history.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1974-BMW-3.0CSi

There was only 579 of these cars made in 1974. Many of them are not around anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E9

There are very few matching unmolested pillar-less 1974 csi E9 cars like this one in the world.

Original D-Jet. Bosch D-Jetronic injected 4 speed manual.

If you are interested in this E9 car you know they are rare and the ultimate driving machine. You know that there are very few relatively complete matching cars left.

Ebay Motors did a piece on the 1974 BMW CSI.
https://www.ebay.com/motors/blog/the-1974-csi-coupe-that-established-bmw-as-drivers-car/?rmvSB=true

This is a perfect project car with your standard E9 Coupe issues and is a great candidate for restoration. The dash is not cracked. It has the original engine and transmission in the car. The engine is not running but does turn over. I have an additional front right corner cut including skin that goes to the buyer with the car. Petri Wheel comes with car

The attached first 5 pictures are of the car when taken out of storage and wiped down in 2015. The remaining 7 pics are of the car as it is now. All grill and pieces not seen in last 7 pics are in trunk of car wrapped up in brown paper. 5 MPH bumper is original with car but unattached. Have all trim. I have additional pics including taking the car out of storage with 20+ years of dust on it. :)

I bought this car to restore in 2015 wife got pregnant in 2015. Children happened and I don’t have the time now. My loss your gain.

To my knowledge there was 1 owner of the car before me. I purchased the car in 2015 in San Diego and before that it was in storage since 1994 in San Diego. I still have contact to original owner he is 73.

The title says 62,000 miles in 1994 and 82,000 miles in 1999.

The car was not driven in that time and the odometer shows 62,000 miles.

Car is as is. Buyer pickup or work with and pay for seller to ship. I retain the right to cancel this listing at any time prior to completion.

Any Questions just post on listing and I will answer.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait so is it rare? :D J/K - GLWS

Question: You reference a 5mph bumper but the CSI never got one. Did you just mean the front bumper?

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Wait so is it rare? :D J/K - GLWS

Question: You reference a 5mph bumper but the CSI never got one. Did you just mean the front bumper?

Thank you

the 5mph bumper was on the 74 CSI :) See it here
IMG_0177.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you

the 5mph bumper was on the 74 CSI :)

I'm really trying to wrap my head around this given that all CSI's were euro spec and never came with 5mph bumpers. The next logical thought would be that it was converted on import. However, the body of your car does not have the holes for a '74 5pmh bumper, or the body reinforcements. If the 5pmh bumper was somehow modified to accept the old style brackets, you may have a gold mine on your hands. I know that numerous people would jump at the opportunity to add big bumpers to their coupe, if it was just a bit easier to do! :D

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm really trying to wrap my head around this given that all CSI's were euro spec and never came with 5mph bumpers. The next logical thought would be that it was converted on import. However, the body of your car does not have the holes for a '74 5pmh bumper, or the body reinforcements. If the 5pmh bumper was somehow modified to accept the old style brackets, you may have a gold mine on your hands. I know that numerous people would jump at the opportunity to add big bumpers to their coupe, if it was just a bit easier to do! :D
giphy.gif

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Paul, unless I'm missing something you need MUCH better photos and many more of them on your auction. There's only a few that are larger size and coupes always need additional photos anyway. When I've sold cars on eBay in the past I typically have 50-60 large photos.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Paul, unless I'm missing something you need MUCH better photos and many more of them on your auction. There's only a few that are larger size and coupes always need additional photos anyway. When I've sold cars on eBay in the past I typically have 50-60 large photos.
I noticed that the photos that were took with the iphone were less detail than the larger photos that i took with the other camera I have. Ill take some more and post them up.

thank you for your insight.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
I am going to go over and take some photos tomorrow and post them up. Any recommendations appreciated. I have never sold a car on ebay much less a coupe.

Paul

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Selling ANY car on the internet, the more pictures the better.

you can always sign up for Imgur, upload them to some album, and share the album on your ebay auction.

That's what I did for the CSi I sold. Helped a lot.

e.g.: https://imgur.com/a/LWeVv

Last edited:

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Selling ANY car on the internet, the more pictures the better.

you can always sign up for Imgur, upload them to some album, and share the album on your ebay auction.

That's what I did for the CSi I sold. Helped a lot.

e.g.: https://imgur.com/a/LWeVv

Just set up an imgur account going to take some high def pics tomorrow and will upload them to the auction. Thanks again!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just set up an imgur account going to take some high def pics tomorrow and will upload them to the auction. Thanks again!

You'll need the photos regardless but some third-party links are not allowed on ebay anymore. Maybe the image hosting sites are okay but I know some links have been banned. If that's the case you can always pay a couple extra bucks to post all your photos on the ebay viewer.