1974 BMW CSI 3.0 for sale vin

Fair price?

• More

• Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
I took over 50 pictures of the car today in high resolution. Ebay will not let me add more than 10 which i did. I may have to end this auction and relist with more photos ...it will cost me 40$. Best to have the car be represented correctly and pictures to support.

I went through the whole car and found some missing pieces like the interior drivers door panel and handle, the brain, the original jack etc. I pictured them all. I have to take the 5 mph bumper off the listing..but cant cause there is a bid.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
I learned more about this coupe today.
The car is original Baikal Metallic Blue 042 with black leather interior. It seems after 40+ years the paint looks similar to fjord but the inside of the trunk and hood are a match to Baikal.

The coupe was manufactured on Oct 4 1973. The coupe was delivered to German BMW dealer Kern in Hechendorf Germany Feb 25 1974.

Paul

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
You'll need the photos regardless but some third-party links are not allowed on ebay anymore. Maybe the image hosting sites are okay but I know some links have been banned. If that's the case you can always pay a couple extra bucks to post all your photos on the ebay viewer.

Right, ebay has gotten weird in allowing images from some 3rd party sites, but you can post any LINK (e.g. to your imgur link) on ebay. See below example how the images won't show up, but the link to Imgur works:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-3-0CSi/323206264709?hash=item4b40983785:g:eAwAAOSw1JBa0ElL&vxp=mtr

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Right, ebay has gotten weird in allowing images from some 3rd party sites, but you can post any LINK (e.g. to your imgur link) on ebay. See below example how the images won't show up, but the link to Imgur works:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-3-0CSi/323206264709?hash=item4b40983785:g:eAwAAOSw1JBa0ElL&vxp=mtr

All the images show up for me. I think the issue with third-party providers was with security and vulnerability problems. Hacking basically. They haven't allowed links to other non-image hosting websites for years, under the advertising restrictions.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
All the images show up for me. I think the issue with third-party providers was with security and vulnerability problems. Hacking basically. They haven't allowed links to other non-image hosting websites for years, under the advertising restrictions.
I put a link to imgur on there. That 73 csi sold for 30k? Its going to need a full frame off restoration too. If i get anywhere in the 20k + range im stoked!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sold for $28,500. Actually got 3 offers for it at $28k. Needed the room in the garage so I sold her for what I thought was reasonable given the amount of work it needs.

However, give it a few more years and I'm sure, we'll all say: "sold for cheap!"

Not many CSi's go up for sale, much less ones loaded w/options.

PaulSoCal

Reaction score
Sold for $28,500. Actually got 3 offers for it at $28k. Needed the room in the garage so I sold her for what I thought was reasonable given the amount of work it needs.

However, give it a few more years and I'm sure, we'll all say: "sold for cheap!"

Not many CSi's go up for sale, much less ones loaded w/options.

I agree we are going to look back and say they were sold cheap. Great job on your sale. I wish i had taken vids of the car before the start of disassembly to restore. Engine turned over, electronics workin.... I just dont have time to put it all back together right now. Life comes quickly.