1975 Pastell Blau 2.5 CS

And after a few hours of careful unpicking the fenders were off and remains of the rusted sections removed, no turning back at this point :)

20180307_174354.jpg
DSC_0421.JPG
DSC_0422.JPG
DSC_0475.JPG
DSC_0476.JPG
DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0478.JPG

Be carefull about your setup now; as the fenders are part of the load bearing structure, I would advice you to either lighten the load, or support some mass with jack.
There is a risk that you deform the shock tower, and then you will have nearly impossible task to get anywhere near acceptable panel fit.
Cheers Erik, much care with moving and measurements were taken...

Lovely work. It helps us all to better understand what lies beneath.

Ha! You made that look quick and easy, nice work

Thanks James,
I wish....
Unfortunately this thread, much like the restoration is some distance behind schedule , I'm hoping to catch it up to real time soon enough so that it motivates me to get more done.

should be achievable as I'm getting more done on the thread than the car !!! ;)

Thanks James,
I wish....
Unfortunately this thread, much like the restoration is some distance behind schedule , I'm hoping to catch it up to real time soon enough so that it motivates me to get more done.

should be achievable as I'm getting more done on the thread than the car !!! ;)

haha no worries mate, my project is approximately 2 years behind schedule.. at least that makes updating the thread a little easier

Nice to see another 2.5CSA ... I looks there is very small difference in numbers between Your and mine E9 (<50!) :oops:

Could it be they have been produced same time! o_O

Interesting to see options on your E9:
- rear electric windows (only on demand for 2.5CS)
- automatic gear indicator (no mark of it in my car)
- rear left corner lock (I would expect Alarm switch). It could be even OEM or BMW Garage option

Lack of right mirror and manual from windows is common.

Officially 2.5CS has 14" steel wheels, chrom caps and aluminum rings. I see CSL like rims here (special option?)

Was the car registered in Norway (rear glass sticker) or it was exchanged from the other car?

Have you already check with BMW Classic the VIN?

I'm amazed how quick you're in restoration. Well done! Keeping for your projectt!

Nice to see another 2.5CSA ... I looks there is very small difference in numbers between Your and mine E9 (<50!) :oops:

Could it be they have been produced same time! o_O

Interesting to see options on your E9:
- rear electric windows (only on demand for 2.5CS)
- automatic gear indicator (no mark of it in my car)
- rear left corner lock (I would expect Alarm switch). It could be even OEM or BMW Garage option

Lack of right mirror and manual from windows is common.

Officially 2.5CS has 14" steel wheels, chrom caps and aluminum rings. I see CSL like rims here (special option?)

Was the car registered in Norway (rear glass sticker) or it was exchanged from the other car?

Have you already check with BMW Classic the VIN?

I'm amazed how quick you're in restoration. Well done! Keeping for your projectt!

yes maybe they are brothers ;)
the rear left lock was aftermarket, its gone now...

The BMW 2.5 CS Automatic VIN 4315173 was manufactured on May 30th, 1975 and delivered on June 10th, 1975 to the BMW dealer Müller in Düsseldorf. The original colour was Pastellblau, paint code 044.
We hope this information is helpful for you.
Yours sincerely,
Julia Oberndörfer

As for the Norge Sticker, I never got to the bottom of that , maybe it moved up there at some stage , maybe just a tourist sticker...

dont be amazed by any progress, this thread is not in real time !

Thanks.
Andy.

yes maybe they are brothers ;)
the rear left lock was aftermarket, its gone now...

The BMW 2.5 CS Automatic VIN 4315173 was manufactured on May 30th, 1975 and delivered on June 10th, 1975 to the BMW dealer Müller in Düsseldorf. The original colour was Pastellblau, paint code 044.
We hope this information is helpful for you.
Yours sincerely,
Julia Oberndörfer

As for the Norge Sticker, I never got to the bottom of that , maybe it moved up there at some stage , maybe just a tourist sticker...

dont be amazed by any progress, this thread is not in real time !

Thanks.
Andy.

According to info from BMW Tradition, Eleonore (my E9) was produced 3rd of October 1975, so they are not very close in time but looking from the 45 years it is just a glitch. ;)

According to info from BMW Tradition, Eleonore (my E9) was produced 3rd of October 1975, so they are not very close in time but looking from the 45 years it is just a glitch. ;)
Can you confirm your build date, I thought the last e9s were built in June of 1975. Could it be 3/10/75 which BMW lists as 10/03/75?

Back