2.5 cs automatic transmission

Andy the aussie

Reaction score
How does $500 plus shipping for the two sound? I'll also throw in a speedo drive cable and a gearbox mount bracket, though you will have to source a gearbox speedo drive.
Gazz you still got this box ?
we are talking about a 262 four speed yes ?

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes I still have the box. I can take some pics if you want and send them to your email address. I know it came out of either an E9 or an E3. How do I verify it as a 262 4 speed?

Not sure how I'll ship it. I guess I could make up a crate out of pine studs screwed together.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Plastic bins work well and super cheap.

Attachments

• 64163916-37A4-4714-96E8-1C7B5C212923.png
    64163916-37A4-4714-96E8-1C7B5C212923.png
    434.6 KB · Views: 80

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Don. I feel like big brother is watching. A good big brother that is, the kind you want watching, not the Orwellian one.
Unless you are secretly working for the Dept of Public Enquiry, DOPE, a quasi non governmental organisation, QANGO, that monitors public information via early algorithmic response systems, EARS.
Having revealed that I suppose I'll be on the candidate hitlist utilising missing person statistics, CHUMPS. And all because of a gearbox!

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here you go. Definitely a model correct 262 4 speed. Turns freely, no crunching or resistance and no leaks.

Unfortunately I no longer have the drive cable or the pedal box. I would try Dean at Peninsula BM for those plus any other parts for a conversion. Manual box transforms the car. If you get stuck I may be able to source a pedal box and a bell housing locally.

Attachments

• 262 gearbox 2.jpg
    262 gearbox 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 262 gearbox.jpg
    262 gearbox.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And you don’t need to change the pedal box, it should have a designated punch out hole for the clutch master. 74 got the huge spring version, you need both pedals and the long bolt.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have sourced a pedal box and a bell housing both of which I can get immediately. Still in negotiations over $. May be able to get some shifter parts.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
$150 for the pedal box and bell housing. I can get pics if I can work out an excuse to travel there. It's not far. Where are you?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi all...

My 74 2.5cs auto is a very original car and I might just keep it that way, not 100% sure yet but just considering it as an option, so today's question is ;

The auto box that's in this car?

What is it?

And what other models was it used in?

Any auto experts out there?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,
were you looking for a 2.5 badge for your car? If so, you can buy a new one from Christoph.

90889E41-52EE-498C-95D7-DFFC4CA234BC.jpeg