2275496, CSL in Japan, claimed to be "Batmobile"

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Buyer beware !!!!

I would not buy or sell anything to Naito!!!!!

Somebody/investor purchased a cloned Csl for 110k in the uk recently !!!!

I’m confused. Did Naito have anything to do with that car?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Buyer beware !!!!

Do you have details? So Naito Auto Engineering knowingly sold a fake CSL to a UK client ?

Chassis number?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Buyer beware !!!!

This needs to be clarified before going too far. Is the seller of the recent clone sold in the UK the same seller as this one in Japan or are you making a general statement to be careful when buying in the high end classic car market?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
popcorn2.gif

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This needs to be clarified before going too far. Is the seller of the recent clone sold in the UK the same seller as this one in Japan or are you making a general statement to be careful when buying in the high end classic car market?

The seller of the UK cloned Csl is from the UK!!

I am also saying buyer beware of any bmw E9 Being sold !!!

And I am also saying buyer, seller beware of dealing with NAITO!!!!

And buyer beware of the CSL BAT being sold by NAITO!!!!
It’s description might not match the cars in real life !!!!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a few items I wouldn't mind selling to Naito.

BTW, who is Naito?

Buyer beware !!!!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score

Thanks, very clear now. :)

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have a :( reaction here. Good that we understand that the dispute between two members here doesn't relate to bogus CSLs. And a potential buyer may want to have factual information about the existence of previous disputes. However the use of hot and personal language here takes away from the experience this forum. I would hope we members work on improving norms for communication.

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
However the use of hot and personal language here takes away from the experience this forum. I would hope we members work on improving norms for communication
I have to agree. While I will likely never be in the market for a $400k car, I've been sucked into this thread and, as @Stevehose suggested, am along for the ride. But there have been some very direct comments about a seller and I don't have any further clarity as to why someone would "never buy or sell" with them. Just a lot of exclamation points and other general statements that aren't specific to this car or this seller. I remain... confused :confused: and a little concerned :(

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are dozens, maybe hundreds, of lightweight e9s out there. But once we repair the rust they are the normal weight...

The reason racing E9s were so successful is that they were about 100kg lighter by the end of the race, and depending on weather conditions up to 150kg without accounting for fuel usage.

Bmw knew that they'd be used for racing and built rust traps to shed pounds accordingly.

giannicsl

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "craterface, post: 218157, member: 1573"] Circa 150k.

Scherzi a parte, le Batmobile sono più rare, credo che tutte avessero porte in lega, ma poi ho avuto bisogno di un coperchio del bagagliaio in acciaio per sostenere l'ala pesante. Il kit ala è più strettamente identificato con la versione da corsa. Il kit di ala era illegale in Germania, quindi vennero nel bagagliaio, disinstallato, quando le auto furono vendute nuove. Aggiunge alla mistica.
Più tardi i pipistrelli erano annoiati a 3.2L.
I Pipistrelli successivi apparivano in colori sgargianti, a differenza dell'argento o del bianco dei primi.

Tutti i restauri non sono stati creati uguali. Nella mia esperienza, le auto esposte allo stand di BMW Classic in uno spettacolo non sono sempre gli esempi più belli. Quindi il fatto che questa vettura sia stata selezionata da BMW per essere mostrata al 100 ° anniversario non significa molto. [/ QUOTE] LE CSL DEL MUSEO BMW HANNO MOLTI DIFETTI

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "craterface, post: 218157, member: 1573"] Circa 150k.

Scherzi a parte, le Batmobile sono più rare, credo che tutte avessero porte in lega, ma poi ho avuto bisogno di un coperchio del bagagliaio in acciaio per sostenere l'ala pesante. Il kit ala è più strettamente identificato con la versione da corsa. Il kit di ala era illegale in Germania, quindi vennero nel bagagliaio, disinstallato, quando le auto furono vendute nuove. Aggiunge alla mistica.
Più tardi i pipistrelli erano annoiati a 3.2L.
I Pipistrelli successivi apparivano in colori sgargianti, a differenza dell'argento o del bianco dei primi.

Tutti i restauri non sono stati creati uguali. Nella mia esperienza, le auto esposte allo stand di BMW Classic in uno spettacolo non sono sempre gli esempi più belli. Quindi il fatto che questa vettura sia stata selezionata da BMW per essere mostrata al 100 ° anniversario non significa molto. [/ QUOTE] LE CSL DEL MUSEO BMW HANNO MOLTI DIFETTI
I assume the popcorn is fresh popped with real butter. Better order a big tub to ride this one out. And a Big Gulp of Coke.

Gt2200

Reaction score

Having lurked in the back ground for the last year or so I thought I'd join the forum as I've viewed a few of the UK cars that have come to market recently in attempt to 'educate' myself before considering a potential purchase, but it all sounds like it could be a bit of a minefield. From memory I've looked at 2/3 which I felt needed work, 1 at ACA Kings Lynn (Chassis 2285160 reg OYR 750L) and 1 at Historics of Brooklands (Chassis 2285131 with reg SDE 30) and I know that another passed through Silverstones last month at the Race Retro sale, the chassis number was 2285302 / reg XWW 750L and although I didn’t get to see the car, it certainly sounded nice and was finished in the very funky Taiga Green, now hearing the 'cloned' cars are out there it makes me wonder on the authenticity of the cars I've seen?

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
The one detail that would prove incredibly difficult, but not impossible, to 'clone' is the roof. The roof on a lightweight CSL will have some spring to it. It's difficult to articulate just how much, but once you've tested a known genuine car you'll be able to tell the difference.