Testing flaps after activating starting system
Front 100% closed
Rear 90% closed
45A9A1B9-5F4E-49B2-8FD6-FB87C97FE75B.jpeg
4DC9FE4B-1673-4EDD-B476-FA898784B77D.jpeg

Any idea?
Ulrich

See my video, and try to do what is in 0:31 seconds
push the lever ( as trying to accelerate) and try to block the butterfly open with your hand
see if there is any blockage
and then kick again to see if they close

BMW Zenith Inat manual says: If engine is cold starting flaps are more or less closed (depending on outside temperature)-because if its getting cooler the Bimetal spring will force the starting flap to closing direction

11.jpg

Testing flaps after activating starting system
Front 100% closed
Rear 90% closed
View attachment 187690

Any idea?
Ulrich
Hi @Ulrich 3.0 CSA
Is that a new fuel pump in your picture?! If so where did you source it?

I just purchased a new "Pierburg" but not liking the "Country of origin Italy" sticker on the box and the original manufacturer stamp being coarsely ground off of the pump:(

Thanks.

Well, this isn’t going to help, but I had no idea what a “starter lid” was until I looked at the posts. Even the parts list shows “starter lid.” Does anyone know what it is in German? Is it translated correctly?

What sort of rpm is the engine running at in the video? Sounds like about 2000-2200 It should only be at max 1700 rpm What happens once you kick the throttle after running for about 2 min? It should come down to at least 1200-1300 by then Do you know how to adjust fast idle speed? As far as the starting lids not closing equally, just loosen the 3 screws that hold the starter lid to the carb and rotate it until they are equal. There are 2 things to remember about the cold start The starter lid controls both how much pressure on the choke flaps to close them up when cold and for how long the choke flaps take to come right off as the engine warms up The fast idle screw controls the actual speed the engine will run at when choke flaps are completely closed

In a partially warm engine where the choke flaps may only come on lightly and not fully closed, there are steps on the fast idle linkage inside the housing where the starter lid attaches to, these will compensate for different fast idles speeds depending on how warm/cold the engine is and so when you kick it down, it is a gradual slow down back to idle as the engine warms up You may have to adjust the position of the starter lid as it warms up if you find one takes longer than the other to open Ask more questions

Thanks, Rick

Back