72 3.0 CS 2240344 Restoration

in your photo of the primed parts hanging, where does that bracket in the middle go?
I was hoping to ask you folks!!!

It was in bag marked (pedal bracket) with all of my pedal stuff. So I am assuming it goes somewhere around the pedals. The small wedge shaped piece over at the far hub attaches to it...
 
That bracket mounts on the brake booster. I think it attached to the firewall in some way and also supports the radiator overflow tank. That's my best guess!
 
1791678767829.png
 
I could be wrong…I think it mounts to the back of the brake booster and in turn the coolant overflow tank forward mounting point bolts to it. The back of the overflow tank mounts to the firewall.

If you expand this picture you can see the bracket under the tank.

1791681986272.jpeg
 
OK, this makes sense. The round cutout matches the brake booster mounting tube on the pedal box..

Whew. I was wondering where that went!!
 
Back
Top