72 Restomod clubracer build

bdigel

Reaction score
just got home from my weekly visit to the body shop , This car is going to be soooo damn cool . Andy got most of the paint work done, and started putting the panel back on the car , we also got the front suspension back on temporarily so the car is back on the ground !

002.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

maxxfish

Site Donor
Reaction score
Brendan,

It's been forever since we chatted at Road Atlanta, great to see the project coming along!!!

It looks awesome, I'm jealous, so much that it's making me think of another E9 project. Can I ask, where did you get the fender flares?

Max

bdigel

Reaction score
Hey Maxx ! it has been a long time . Ive followed your exploits in GTS 4 , how much fun was that V8 ? shoot me an email [email protected] we will catch up .

Not much progress this week on the CSL , mostly making plans for final assembly , etc.. got up to the body shop today , we cleaned the car up and pushed it out side to see how the sun hit it!

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

EJ333

Reaction score
I can picture the driver being The Riddler ( Frank Gorshin or Jim Carrey) being chased by Batman and Robin !

m73

Reaction score
Motivation....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 253

bdigel

Reaction score
Take some high res pictures, make posters and sell them...to us!

thanks Stan , when Im done Ill get some for you guys

we placed some trim pieces on the car , and put on the other wheels to get a feel for what its going to look like

002.JPG

003.JPG

006.JPG

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Brendan,

On behalf of the group I will speak up and request an update. I am addicted to your build and have now been forced to go for a week with no updates. Please put me and my fellow junkies out of our misery and give us a tease.

Smittenly yours,

Benji

bdigel

Reaction score
Brendan,

On behalf of the group I will speak up and request an update. I am addicted to your build and have now been forced to go for a week with no updates. Please put me and my fellow junkies out of our misery and give us a tease.

Smittenly yours,

Benji

Sorry to make you guys wait two weeks for updates ! Finally got some stuff put back together today. Installed the diff I built years ago , finished up some tidbits on the engine and reinstalled it. installed the clutch, flywheel and transmission . also installed the exhaust. Before reinstalling the drivetrain I lined the firewall and area's near the exhaust with heat resistant liner . Hated to cover up some of the green sheet metal , but had to do what I can to keep heat out of the ****pit .

001.JPG

heat barrier

003.JPG

wrestling the engine back in, hopefully permanently

004.JPG

aluminum flywheel and race clutch

008.JPG

trans and exhaust installed

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I too would like a report on the steering setup, as well as the braking performance with the single front caliper.