'73 Chamonix Bavaria

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice stance. I have a Facet electric fuel pump that I just put in but don't like. I'll probably go with the E28 like you did (and Mike) but I'm curious about which fuel tank you have. Does yours have the extra space on the right side of the tank? I can't remember when they changed the style.

My later tank conversion:

Attachments

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice stance. I have a Facet electric fuel pump that I just put in but don't like. I'll probably go with the E28 like you did (and Mike) but I'm curious about which fuel tank you have. Does yours have the extra space on the right side of the tank? I can't remember when they changed the style.

My later tank conversion:
1974, same as e9

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's my current set up followed by a picture of from left, E30 pump, stock E3 pickup, and e28 pump. That e28 pump frame is the bolt on type, not twist on like the one I'm using.
Mine being a '73 has the earlier tank, I didn't know that was a thing.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I replaced the dash while the windshield was out. I figured it was now or never with how difficult it is to find the seal, the windshield and someone to install it. I really had to harass that guy.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ted,
I notice your dash does not have the little dividers in the right hand well. Did your dash come that way originally?

My badly cracked dash had the dividers...

50334050153_9c6561820a_c.jpg

...but the guy that recovered it, eliminated them. I think because it added a layer of complexity....

50334890392_68f2be2fb2_c.jpg

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Coupe King, right? That’s where I got it. Yours was my inspiration. My original dash had the dividers.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I found out why my exhaust was so quiet. Turns out it's all been redone from the front resonator back. The shop said it looks like that muffler is from a Ford Falcon.

Installed from the down pipes: 2 into 1 (2.5"), 17" resonator, 2.5" pipe, 18" oval muffler, can't remember if the outlet is 2.25" or 2.5".
Much better sound now and not too loud.