74 3.0CS (3.5L) on BaT

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Says 125k on my desktop PC. Is your laptop clock set correctly?
Huge result. I am sure the seller is very happy, and he owes a lot to Sven.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Says 125k on my desktop PC. Is your laptop clock set correctly?
Huge result. I am sure the seller is very happy, and he owes a lot to Sven.

No BAT was screwed up for a moment there. It wasn't just me. They removed the comments regarding the issue also.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey some of the credit goes to me, the crazy buyer! And I wasn't even lit up with scotch like at Barrett Jackson. Looking forward to driving this vixen, and counting on some support from you guys here. Fred

You arent crazy- you just bought one of the very nicest cars in the country.

ItsFred

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well that's certainly what I was counting on. It wasn't a "complete" impulse buy - I read the various threads on this forum and checked out the engine build etc. However, the auction did climb a little higher than I had expected! It's a nice reward for Michael and Sven for building such a beauty! By the way I am currently driving an M Coupe, so I've already got the bug (I know, it's a somewhat different bug, but it's still a bug).

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks so much to you all and yes big congrats to Fred! he's got a lovely car that we took great care and detail restoring and modifying. It's a sleeper and the first time he winds it up in 3rd and 4 the smile will be worth every penny. And yes you're correct this really does come down to Sven and his mastery of these cars. I could go on for hours about how great his expertise and what a kind, funny, generous human being he is but everyone here who's interacted with him already knows that. Also Bimmer Bill and a number of others who helped during this long process. Bill helped me trailer the car back and forth to the paint shop, and was always around and happy to help, just a wonderful guy and if you haven't seen his coupe you've missed out. This is slightly bitter sweet and I'll be sad to see her go. Thanks to all the members and admin of this forum, hopefully I'll be back. Michael

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Fred, beautiful car and looking forward to your first driving impressions! If you weren't drinking scotch during the auction I hope you toasted afterward!

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm going to miss having it in the garage - always nice to look at and take out for the occasional spin. Enjoy the car Fred and welcome to the e9 community.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey some of the credit goes to me, the crazy buyer! And I wasn't even lit up with scotch like at Barrett Jackson. Looking forward to driving this vixen, and counting on some support from you guys here. Fred
Welcome to the forum. That's a great looking car, and I can't wait to hear about your driving impression. Surely a bit different than the M coupe - but in a good way. a different ride for different occasions.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think most of us hardcore forum'ers may be surprised at the auction result because I believe as a community we tend to undervalue our cars or snicker at increasing asking prices, the world outside our bubble obviously has a different view. I may crack a scotch tonight and celebrate with Fred!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think most of us hardcore forum'ers may be surprised at the auction result because I believe as a community we tend to undervalue our cars or snicker at increasing asking prices, the world outside our bubble obviously has a different view. I may crack a scotch tonight and celebrate with Fred!
I think that is an accurate observation. And a great idea! If nobody minds, I'd like to join you in that celebration. ;)

jamesw

Reaction score
Congrats to both the buyer and the seller. I hope you get to enjoy her for many years to come Fred.

Cheers
James