Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Replaced the horn contact pin. The old one failed catastrophically at The Vintage in Asheville/Hot Springs NC. Luckily I was able to procure an NOS one from a forum member. The failed one on the car had been riveted in place, so I drilled them out & replaced with M5 stainless pan head Allen bolts & hex nuts. It's equally secure without the hassle of rivets. Good to have a working horn again.

Unfortunately I did not take any photos of the repair.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Replaced the horn contact pin. The old one failed catastrophically at The Vintage in Asheville/Hot Springs NC. Luckily I was able to procure an NOS one from a forum member. The failed one on the car had been riveted in place, so I drilled them out & replaced with M5 stainless pan head Allen bolts & hex nuts. It's equally secure without the hassle of rivets. Good to have a working horn again.

Unfortunately I did not take any photos of the repair.
Working horn will save your car in certain instances. Always top of my priority list....sounds stupid but I'm not joking. :love:

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena win 2nd in class with Victor Livingstone's Riviera/Black 1974 3.0 CSi taking first in the 2023 Misselwood Concours d'Elegance in Beverly Massachusetts.
IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_0563.jpeg
IMG_0564.jpeg

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Having seen your can several times, it’s hard for me to imagine there could be a better E9 than yours, except perhaps a garage queen. Have any pics of Victor’s car?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@JFENG, Victor's Coupe is the Riviera Blue/Black one. Victor is the guy in the white shirt talking to Gary Hamilton in the Red GAMRR shirt. As a French Rules Beauty Contest, everything on Victor's car was beautifully pristine, spectacular in the sun & was clearly first place. As you know, Athena has won her fair share of awards & media coverage over the years we are delighted to win 2nd.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saturday July 30th I attended the Boston Chapter BMW CCA Concours at Browse Farm in Canton MA. I registered Athena in the Display Area removing myself from any of the Judged Classes since I volunteered to Judge. Well, several of the judges wrote their choices for display cars & Athena wound up the Judges Choice in the Display Class.

IMG_0801.jpeg