Andrew Wilson's '73 CSi

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drove Athena to my old neighborhood in Connecticut to attend a Cars & Coffee at Dragone Classics new facility in Orange off I-95.

Much nicer than their old facility. Now they have space to show off the cars. I’ll have to visit next Spring.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
I hope that my car finishes close to your beautiful condition. I admired your car at the Vintage a few years ago. The story behind it make it complete. Thanks for sharing the details

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Out with the old, in with the newly chromed 2800 CS center tail panel. Also cleaned the inside of the tail light lenses.

IMG_4660.jpeg
IMG_4661.jpeg
IMG_4662.jpeg

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice shots! Did you head to Amelia next ? I couldn’t make it this year because my wife had me booked with the next three weekends away and it was just too much. :(

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any problems finding gas on your drive down or were there any anxious moments watching the fuel gauge?

No problems getting fuel.

Nice shots! Did you head to Amelia next ? I couldn’t make it this year because my wife had me booked with the next three weekends away and it was just too much. :(

Headed home Sunday.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I guess what I admire most, is that she looks like a trailer queen, but has the miles of a Greyhound bus. Great shots in Greenville.
I love the above picture in the nest, where Veronika looks to be hanging ten on the luggage rack of Athena. Chrome tag is nice touch.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Following @Stan's lead, I bought a Fritz Bitz Stainless Exhaust. I retained the stock CSi exhaust manifold & it was plug & play according to VSR. The system does not include any hardware.

Review: It is a little louder than the stock system yet not by very much, which I like. If your Coupe has headers & a 3.5 like Stan's it will be proportionately louder when accelerating & slightly louder at cold start & idle.

Cold Start Video

IMG_5563.jpeg
IMG_5564.jpeg
IMG_5565.jpeg
IMG_5566.jpeg
IMG_5568.jpeg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that is very tasty, I suppose the stock rear tail pipe can be bolted on to the back muffler in order to retain the chrome tip? Looks like it would.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Andrew, No diff on a driven E9 should be that clean! Are you sure you don’t have two identical E9’s, one for photos and the other to drive?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My old AM/FM Blaupunkt Frankfurt suddenly stopped playing one day, it seems the internal amp quit. So I bought a new old LMKUU Blaupunkt Frankfurt which is more appropriate for her original Italian delivery. I am also going to install a Mark II Bluetooth Receiver which doesn't need a radio. http://www.outofsightaudio.com/mark-2.html

Completed on.jpeg
IMG_5690.jpeg
IMG_5691.jpeg
9e6bae0cb1e88dae9657dc2589d7a571.jpeg