Another BAT 1974 Best Guess on Hammer Price?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think i like agave more than amazon green. my coupe was baikal originally as the PO painted it black. go figure, one of the prettiest coupe colors and it gets repainted black.

Dohn

Reaction score
i think i like agave more than amazon green. my coupe was baikal originally as the PO painted it black. go figure, one of the prettiest coupe colors and it gets repainted black.

Yeah, I would have been disappointed had the car been Baikal, or especially Nachtblau, before painting. But I have a friend with an Amazon Green 2002, and while I love green cars (I've had Opal, Laguna and Deep Green BMWs), it's not my favorite shade. As Kermit said, it's not easy being green.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the antenna is a 320i type that was mounted in the door jamb - you had to cut a little piece out of the door or the fender.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you are correct Chris, i was thinking the A pillar mount had a round base. i was able to zoom in and its a different A pillar mount, more linear.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hammer down at $29,250
Did not meet reserve
Who came closest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had $28k, but it didn't sell. Too bad - I think this one is a good start. Weird auction, though. What's with the high roller than bumps it up 5 figures, then disappears? I wouldn't be surprised if the reserve was $30k.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Smells fishy. I believe that in the hands of a “knowledgeable” seller this car would have gotten many more higher bids.
One of the first things I did to my coupe was remove the rocker covers, striped, sealed then sprayed them with rubberized under coating. Done in a weekend. Thankfully there was no rust through on the rockers under the covers.
Do that to this green coupe would easily bring higher bids.
Or maybe they did and didn’t like what they found.

G

Reaction score
als bm.jpeg
al bmn2.jpg
al bmn2.jpg als bm.jpeg View attachment 40453 View attachment 40453 View attachment 40453
Yeah, I would have been disappointed had the car been Baikal, or especially Nachtblau, before painting. But I have a friend with an Amazon Green 2002, and while I love green cars (I've had Opal, Laguna and Deep Green BMWs), it's not my favorite shade. As Kermit said, it's not easy being green.

Black's not so bad ! The Baikal is was my friends car that sold on BAT for big dollars . I prefer the Black.

Last edited: