Anyone know wood-steering-wheels.com?

Memo

Reaction score
Well, I just sent a request for a quote to Nardi about this, with the appropriate hub:

I expect 390mm is the appropriate size.

I realized I’d probably be better off looking over here in Europe.

Thx, Memo

stphers

Reaction score
There are essentially 3 parts to an aftermarket steering wheel The hub ( which is particular to each car and to each wheel manufacture ) , the actual steering wheel and lastly, the horn button You don' always have to buy everything from one source. I would decide on what wheel that I would like ( the Nardi for instance ) and you can get older original ones or new ones, then I would get a hub that fits both the wheel and the E9, then decide on what I want for a horn button, I prefer BMW logo ones I have a couple of cars in my shop with Nardis in them, ( but they are 2002's, not E9's ) I will take some pictures for you and post them up here so you can see some of the differences

Thanks, Rick

stphers

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of 2 different Nardi wheels, 2 different horn buttons but same hubs

Thanks, Rick

Attachments

• Nardi 1.jpg
    Nardi 1.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Nardi 2.jpg
    Nardi 2.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Nardi 3.jpg
    Nardi 3.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Nardi 4.jpg
    Nardi 4.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 19
  • Nardi 5.jpg
    Nardi 5.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Nardi 6.jpg
    Nardi 6.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 20

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Hans W. & Bouke Vournman are Vintage Volante & are purveyors of vintage BMW steering wheels.

I have purchased a majority of mine from them for years. From a 1965 Personal, 380 Petri, 400 Petri & several others. Their prices are very fair & affordable compared to others.

I had the beautiful wood & polished spoke 1965 Personal in my Coupe from 2016-2017. Wood rim steering wheels are definitely aesthetically appealing. They are great for short drives. I tend to drive my CSi more than most Coupe owners & after days of driving my hands would be hurting.

Your experience may vary. I have the same experience with my other wood steering wheel 1914 KisselKar which I drive 50 miles or less a year it’s always a real workout to drive.

IMG_9257.jpeg
IMG_9899.jpeg
IMG_9898.jpeg
IMG_9570.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

Memo

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the tips and the beautiful pictures. Congrats on the lovely cars.

I’ll see what Nardi quotes for a dark oak wheel with satin spokes + E9 hub. I’ll have to see about the horn button and how they all fit together.

I’ve driven long distances with a wooden wheel in a Peugeot 504 Coupé, no assisted steering, without much bother, but it is fairly light, unlike anything from 1914.

There’s always these guys:

I don’t know them, but it looks like they’re a daytrip by ferry from Helsinki, so I could easily check them out in the spring. They seem have Nardi and Momo wheels and BMW horn buttons.

I will also check out Vintage Volante.

BR Memo

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone here done business with Wood Steering Wheels (https://wood-steering-wheels.com/)? How was the experience?

I’m looking to buy a wooden wheel for my E9 and it looks like vendors are few and far between.

Recommendations welcome.

BR Memo

Bonjour!

I would't recommend wood-steering-wheels.
To be honest, I think she ( yes, she ) is one of the greatest online scammers. I don't understand she's still allowed to sell her overpriced steering wheels at ebay, she makes a lot of false claims.
For example, she's offering a '1600 1800 2002 Steering Wheel PETRI BMW Vintage Hub BMW Horn Button NOS' for $2,000.
This "NOS" steering wheel used to be mine. I restored it and had the BMW emblem custom made for it.
She's also offering new Nardi's, claiming they are NOS ( adding $1,000 or more to the retail price ).

Anyway, if you want a new Nardi, send an email to Personal-Nardi and ask for a dealer nearby.
If you prefer something period correct, let me know. Maybe my buddy Bouke and me can help you. We are Vintage Volante.

Best, Hans

Memo

Reaction score
Bonjour!

I would't recommend wood-steering-wheels.
To be honest, I think she ( yes, she ) is one of the greatest online scammers. I don't understand she's still allowed to sell her overpriced steering wheels at ebay, she makes a lot of false claims.
For example, she's offering a '1600 1800 2002 Steering Wheel PETRI BMW Vintage Hub BMW Horn Button NOS' for $2,000.
This "NOS" steering wheel used to be mine. I restored it and had the BMW emblem custom made for it.
She's also offering new Nardi's, claiming they are NOS ( adding $1,000 or more to the retail price ).

Anyway, if you want a new Nardi, send an email to Personal-Nardi and ask for a dealer nearby.
If you prefer something period correct, let me know. Maybe my buddy Bouke and me can help you. We are Vintage Volante.

Best, Hans
Hello,

Thanks for the tip off. I gathered as much from here and having a more thorough look on the web. After searching a bit more I found there are plenty of reasonably priced options closer to home, yourselves included.

I already received a quote from a Nardi representative in Sweden and I have exchanged messages with you on messenger. I tnd to use an alias on forums ;)

BR Memo

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a 360mm wood Nardi, hub and horn button if you are interested. $350. I recommend you get a 380mm or larger but if you want a 360 let me know.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a 390 wood Nardi, hub and horn button as well that I would part with for the same $350. I have no idea what shipping would cost.
IMG_8585.jpeg

aguirola

Reaction score
The crazy woman @Wood Steering Wheels, has me automatically on a 'no reply' basis,
as once I asked a question that really bugged as I caught her in a big fat lie.
Stay away from her. I understand she is very ill, too bad, feel sorry for her and hope her the best.
Maybe she wills the wheels to someone a bit more honest.

Regards, Alberto