BAT 70 white 2800

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
AUCTION RESULTS
Winning Bid USD $36,500

Not bad me thinks.

First thing I'd do as the new owner is to find me a OEM power sunroof interior panel thing and recover.

Being an automatic, wife would definitely enjoy this car.

The first thing I would do is buy the rear disks from @clinton stokes

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have seen other coupes with the overhanging trunk lid, the rear was hit and not repaired properly in the ones I’ve seen, this MAY be the case here.
This was the case on my coupe. The other tell was that the spare tire well was primer grey. Also, there would be likely evidence of water if driven in the rain and the trunk did not seal properly after the repair. A pre-purchase inspection should always happen.
With my car, all of this was repaired during the bare metal respray.

Seth Horwitz

Reaction score
I wanted to thank Markos (and others) for chiming in, while being SUPER delicate. (The fact that you only posted some possible abnormalities specifically on this site, and not on BAT itself, also speaks volumes.) You can count on two things on BAT. 1) Somebody with no specific knowledge will post comments about a car, and bash it while the auction is running. Some go the other way. We’ve all seen it. 2) Somebody else is going to overpay for the car. Period. If the car felt right to me, I was willing to overpay. It didn’t. The car may be 100% perfect, with someone getting a deal, but I’m OK with that. I’m willing to do the research on the car, and want to be comfortable with my bid. I’ll get into a pissing contest on the right car. For anyone who thinks that educated discussion about a 40 year old item made of steel for sale is somehow bad form, we’ll have to agree to disagree.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wanted to thank Markos (and others) for chiming in, while being SUPER delicate. (The fact that you only posted some possible abnormalities specifically on this site, and not on BAT itself, also speaks volumes.) You can count on two things on BAT. 1) Somebody with no specific knowledge will post comments about a car, and bash it while the auction is running. Some go the other way. We’ve all seen it. 2) Somebody else is going to overpay for the car. Period. If the car felt right to me, I was willing to overpay. It didn’t. The car may be 100% perfect, with someone getting a deal, but I’m OK with that. I’m willing to do the research on the car, and want to be comfortable with my bid. I’ll get into a pissing contest on the right car. For anyone who thinks that educated discussion about a 40 year old item made of steel for sale is somehow bad form, we’ll have to agree to disagree.
First thing tomorrow morning I am taking my laptop with the tail photo above and check my coupe with my glasses cleaned. I suspect a few others will be joining me in their garages.

ALWAYS something new to learn about our coupes.

Steve

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
First thing tomorrow morning I am taking my laptop with the tail photo above and check my coupe with my glasses cleaned. I suspect a few others will be joining me in their garages.

ALWAYS something new to learn about our coupes.

Steve

I’ll get this party started. Perhaps we should have a “show me your tail light fitment” thread. Mine leave much to be desired:
98F9CC8A-9FD6-462F-9721-E3CC934C41D6.jpeg

9D1684E7-4E73-4331-A93A-BD09C5B6C63E.jpeg

Trunk is visibly low and needs to be raised:

04D77A16-AC8A-4941-8537-B11781D085D7.jpeg
D1F012AD-90EC-4211-94FD-3306780AFDC8.jpeg

Attachments

• 828BB796-F659-4594-B316-89DBA4B8D45E.jpeg
    828BB796-F659-4594-B316-89DBA4B8D45E.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 111