blumax is now FOR SALE

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
My health has deteriorated to being bedfast. So the time has come to sell the BLUMAX. Knowing this message board and it's inhabitants it's unlikely that there will be interested parties, however I want the word to be known.

There is a drop-down box that takes about 15 min to download as it is a huge complete and comprehensive story that documents the prominance of BLUMAX from day one. Enjoy the story as much as I have enjoyed the ride.

Murray Fowler

https://www.dropbox.com/el/?r=/s/q4...AADRj8o3kPJTMJEAz4Noi1JVkxOoHb63FRaCymSvLp3Iw

wmnewlife

Reaction score
Blumax

With the provenance of this car I would love to see it go for $100,000+. All the best to you Murray.

Walter

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bluemax

Murray
I know this is a difficult decision, but hope Bluemax sets the all time record sale for a coupe!

rb1971

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this decision Murray. Given the provenance I agree with the others that your car deserves to set an E9 record.

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Sorry, to hear that. No one in the family to pass it on to?

And I hope you get more than the recommended value posted in the thread below ;) Should get BMW America to buy this one and put in their headquarters.

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Murray, so sorry to hear. I'm sorry we have not had the chance to meet. Thank for all of the passion and experience you've brought to the E9 world. I'm sure that who ever winds up with her will know how lucky they are to have gorgeous forty-something lady who was loved her entire life.

--Rob

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Murray,

somebody is going to be extremely lucky to have this phenomenal coupe. i wish it could be me ... but sadly it can't be. i know we all wish you the best and will all do our part to keep the legendary coupe to honor the man who taught us all so much.

with kind regards, best to you and Beatrice ...
scott

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Blumax for sale----

Don Lawrence and Steve Hose

Is a very large and long link (135 Megabytes) and takes about 15 minutes to dowload or so it seems when I did it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Murray,

unfortunately it doesn't work, it works on your computer because its your dropbox. the following is the error message ... i also pasted the link into the browser - same result

Error

Unfortunately, the link you followed from your email program is not rendering correctly. Please copy the whole web link address from your email and paste it directly into your browser window.

mpetry912

Reaction score
What a great story - a lifetime journey of enjoyment - the antithesis of our current throw away culture. Really enjoyed the story and all the pics, that car has brought a lifetime of enjoyment to Murray and a bunch of other people as well.

thanks for posting.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Driving the Blumax

I don't have much seat time in Coupes, probably 4 or 5,000 miles; but I've been fortunate enough to have ridden in a handful of very nicely sorted examples including Chris Macha's beauty, which needless to say is where I've set my goal for my own restoration. As an additional gauge, my Coupe has 118,XXX miles so I have an idea of what a low mileage car should feel like.

I was fortunate enough to drive the BLUMAX from Orange County to Los Angeles, up and through the Malibu Hills (spiritedly) and back to Orange County, I think the excursion was north of 150 miles. I was really blown away at how nice and tight the car felt, my expectations were creeks and rattles, to my surprise all I got to hear was the song of the motor and Murray pressing me to drive faster! It goes to show what a little love and some good care will do to a 40+ year old Coupe.

Murray, best of luck in your search for a new home for BLUMAX, I'm sure that in the right hands we'll see another 40+ years of Couping out of her!

Mike

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
A great story that never gets old. The end of an era.
I'm honored that my 74 CS has that same 70's era Blaupunkt radio as Blumax.
Murray's presence has made our "hobby" more meaningful.

Thanks!

OZCSi

Reaction score
best wishes

Hi Murray,

owning a bmw is all about the experience, that sound, the feel and each car has its own personality.

My family were fledgling dealers out here in Australia in the 1970's and I remember every new BMW i sat in, e9, e21,e30, e24 etc

These cars dont really have owners, they have guardians.......in your case you and Blumax had a great friendship and it will go on to be someone else's pride and joy. It will amaze, delight, surprise and disappoint on the odd occassion, like a child or any member of a family.

But they are so endearing that your memories and contributions will be a huge part of the e9 community and I thank you for your committment to what I believe is the finest BMW ever made.

Best Wishes

Andrew

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Loved all those photos of a perfectly prepared car and it's smiling owner. That sure took foresight taking the plunge on such a car 41 years ago.