Carpet Followup

Does anyone have a contact at BMW CLassic? Maybe between them and us we contract for 30.

i doubt it, from a quick count on this thread i can only find 7 people interested, and i do not believe that bmw mobile tradition will add the rest by themselves, may be not all our colleagues in the forum are aware of this initiative we should open a list of people interested to know our streght in a realistic way, probably in the buy/ sell area

IMHO, price request should focus on carpet price becasue, despite what it was said before this is not only a USA forum, many of us are in other locations like NZ, AUS or EU :cry:

I'd be interested. My carpet is original and in nice shape but I won't miss out on a one-off run of correct carpet to mothball for the future.

i doubt it, from a quick count on this thread i can only find 7 people interested, and i do not believe that bmw mobile tradition will add the rest by themselves,

All,

pricing is below.

deQuincy, very true,,,purchase may be from different continents (islands?) both in the northern and southern hemispheres, so shipping costs would vary. If we can identify a special order perhaps all interested can contact Cabrio directly for their specific shipping quote.

If there is a better place to track this thread on the forum OK. Bit concerned it may get lost however. Perhaps it tracks on the discussion link and each can identify they are interested and have contacted Cabrio. Whatever is the best method, great.

To be honest I would like ultimately to put Cabrio in the tracking and counting seat. We can identify the opportunity to others, but it would be on them to contact Cabrio on interest.

I will work to get a clear description on the offer from Cabrio which can then be distributed.

I don't track other forums but if someone does maybe a thread(s) could be started there?

And, at some point, if this gets traction, we would need to get them a sample and then work with them to be confident we are getting the correct color and material match.

Best,

John

From Cabrio:

thank you for your mail.

Generally it is possible to do one or more colours according your sample.
Depending on colour we would need minimum sales of 30 sets. We mainly see a
demand for blue, the charcoal and tan shades seem mainly acceptable by our
actual customers. Set Price would be around EUR 350,- net.

We look forward to your message and remain with

best regards
K. H. Mayer

One additional thought. Is this carpet color / type used in other BMWs? 2002 / E12 etc. For Cabrio this issue issue of carpet run, not which pattern.

yes, its the same carpet in the 2002 and the e3. i think it was still the same in the early 320i and the e12. not so sure about the e23 + e24.

thanks for the info
i do not know how to continue this, it seems that the price of the set will be very good, provided it is the right colour
i assume that if we want t get this done, we will need to make the job by ourselves, so it might be a little complicate
i do not think that CABRIO will accept dealing one by one with all the customers
they will ask for a clear definition of the colour, and i assume that they will ask for all the money of the 30 orders
i assume that one of our german speaking friends can help fixing the details and we will easily find a piece of carpet to be used as a master sample
opinions ?

to start, i propose to open a thread in the parts section only to identlfy the number of people interested

i think it would be smart to also put it out the the 2002 and senior 6 guys ... as John said, its not the pattern or car specific orders, its the quantity of carpet.

the question for KHM is what the cost for the material is (from the manufacturer), aside from the manufacturing of the carpet pieces for the car. i suspect that the carpet material will cost around 20 - 30 bucks / square meter. so 100 or so bucks / car.

i have posted this request for interested people in our bmw classic forum

despues de mucho penar con la idea de encargar una moqueta nueva para mi coche, y de enfrentarme al hecho de que el material original ya no esta disponible, se ha abierto una solucion posible

como se puede ver en la foto adjunta, el material original del e3, e9, e12, 2002, etc, los bmws de los sesenta setenta, era un tejido en doble color blanco y azul-violeta y de lazo largo

hemos llegado hasta el fabricante de este material que hoy en dia solo dispone de los colores que figuran en la imagen, muestras 2,4 y 5

el tejido de las muestras es el original, no asi el color

inicialmente el fabricante pedia garantizar el consumo de toda la produccion de una tirada, pero se lo ha pensado mejor y nos plantea lo siguiente

pues bien, el fabricante esta dispuesto a hacer una tirada de material bajo muestra, es decir, lograriamos exactamente el color y textura correctos,

necesitamos 30 coches, no necesariamente 30 e9s, sirven tambien todos los anteriormente mencionados

tenemos ya 12, entre USA, UK, NZ, AUS, y Europa, vamos a contactar con clubes de austria y alemania

el fabricante producira juegos de moqueta completos, todo el interior, incluso bandeja trasera, tejido sobre base de trama de goma y con vivo de borde a juego, con piso de goma termosoldada en la zona de talonera, y de punta de pie en lateral del acelerador, exactas replicas de la moqueta original

se esta negociando un precio, y estamos en 350 euros neto mas porte desde alemania,

el que se comprometa a la compra debera pagar el importe integro en el momento en que se llegue al numero de treinta coches

pues eso, si alguno lo esta pensando, de momento puede apuntarse sin compromiso

salud

Last edited:
deQuincey thank you for reaching out. I intend to do same with the 2002 folks here etc. I am hoping to get a clear deal / terms from Cabrio we can post. if you have contacted them recently, would be interested to hear what they are thinking.

Love Google translate. Maybe not entirely correct...but you get the idea. deQuincey's post in English:

After much toil with the idea of ​​commissioning a new carpet for my car , and face the fact that the original material is no longer available , has opened a possible solution

as you can see in this picture , the original from e3 , e9, e12, 2002 , etc, BMWs sixties seventies , was a tissue in a white and blue -violet color and long loop

we have come to the manufacturer of this material today only has the colors contained in the image you show 2.4 and 5

tissue samples is the original, so no color

initially the manufacturer pedia ensure consumption of all production in a row, but I thought better and raises the following

well, the manufacturer is willing to make a roll of material that sample, ie , we would achieve exactly the right color and texture,

30 cars we need , not necessarily 30 E9s , also serve all of the above

we already have 12 between USA , UK , NZ , AUS and Europe, we will contact clubs austria and germany

the manufacturer will produce complete sets of carpet , the entire interior , including back tray , fabric on frame basis with live and rubber edge matching with rubber flooring , heat in the heel , toe and side of accelerator, exact replicas of the original carpet

is negotiating a price, and we are 350 euros net carrying more from Germany,

to commit to the purchase must pay the full amount at the time it reaches the number of thirty cars

for that, if any one is thinking at the moment can join without obligation

health

yes i talked to them, and she (helen) was not so positive about making the new colour run, but since then you have gone far with the owner of cabrio, so that is the deal opportunity

i will contact directly andi (orangener) he might be able to help with the CS austrian and german forums

terrible translation, but good enough to understand the idea

deQuincey....yea, perhaps Google translate doesn't quite cut it. Ought to see what it does with Mandarin!

I have to think if we can get the 30 it is a great deal for them. Can't see why they wouldn't do it.

deQuincey....yea, perhaps Google translate doesn't quite cut it. Ought to see what it does with Mandarin!

I have to think if we can get the 30 it is a great deal for them. Can't see why they wouldn't do it.

hi john, i absolutely agree that if we reach 30 cars if is a terrific deal for them,

i have placed a post in the parts subforum, and please consider that we can choose to order for the interior carpets, and / or the trunk carpet, what i mean is that if 30 cars is the deal i would consider that three or four trunk carpets are equal to a car

so lets say that four complete cars (interior + trunk) will be equal to five cars in the count

i still think that it will be difficult to make it...

I would join for 1 set if ...

if the price is low enough.

I'd like to confirm what the group buy price would be before I commit.

(is this correct ...)
Dequincy says it should be around 374 euro for the interior and at least 75 E shipping. for the trunk? That's about $600 shipped to the USA.

GAHH is $788 plus shipping, world uph doesn't have the price on their website. but as i remember, it was around 600 plus shipping.

if the price is low enough.

I'd like to confirm what the group buy price would be before I commit.

(is this correct ...)
Dequincy says it should be around 374 euro for the interior and at least 75 E shipping. for the trunk? That's about $600 shipped to the USA.

it is reasonable what you say, but now we are just checking simultaneously:

- the number of people interested
- the final prices (forget about my prices, those were for available carpets and individual buy), john checked a price with them around 350 euro nett for the interior set of carpets, but this has to be confirmed

when both informations were ready we will settle the rules

thanks for the info
i do not know how to continue this, it seems that the price of the set will be very good, provided it is the right colour
i assume that if we want t get this done, we will need to make the job by ourselves, so it might be a little complicate
i do not think that CABRIO will accept dealing one by one with all the customers
they will ask for a clear definition of the colour, and i assume that they will ask for all the money of the 30 orders
i assume that one of our german speaking friends can help fixing the details and we will easily find a piece of carpet to be used as a master sample
opinions ?

to start, i propose to open a thread in the parts section only to identlfy the number of people interested

I have some small NOS pieces of the blue/grey carpet and work with them, regards, Rob

carpet group buy

I want a set for a 2002 in Tan. Is this an available color? Where and who do I send the money?
thx
al The Seat Belt Guy

Back