Chamonix 3.0CS Restoration

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I used those pads for years when I lived in CA. When I move to Seattle, I switched to the 'deluxe' compound.
The metalmaster formula needed to have a bit of heat in the pad and rotor to be effective.
In CA, not a problem. The first time I drove the car in Seattle (and when cold out) - the first pedal application after not using the brakes for a while was an exercise in pucker factor control - LOL.
After that 'warming up', the brakes were good for a few minutes - but needed to be warmed up again (and the colder the weather out, the more often I needed to put heat into them). I recall once when I was on the freeway, I had to do a quick stop... and the push I had to get into the brake pedal was unnerving.
I switched to deluxe soon thereafter. A bit more dust, but the brakes were effective right out of the barn. No warm up needed. Wish PBR/Repco were still around.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was shocked to see you can still get these pads ( Mesa Perf website). And so cheap!

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Even when I go to PBR/AXXIS's web site (in Australia) - when I do a search for pads for both the Coupe and 2002.... It comes back with Bendix branded parts....