Chamonix 3.0CS Restoration

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, looks like I will be rescuing a 73 3.0CS four speed that has lived it’s whole life in California and was last registered in 1989. I won’t have it in my garage for a week or two and I wasn’t looking for a project but my local enablers convinced me it could be a fun if not tedious project. I will post more photos when I bring it home.

741021D4-8F28-448E-B0BD-763A2EFF5A53.jpeg

Check out that turn signal lens!

D2CDD4E4-A622-412D-A920-876DE342D68A.jpeg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well, looks like I will be rescuing a 73 3.0CS four speed that has lived it’s whole life in California and was last registered in 1989. I won’t have it in my garage for a week or two and I wasn’t looking for a project but my local enablers convinced me it could be a fun if not tedious project. I will post more photos when I bring it home.

View attachment 130912
Check out that turn signal lens!

View attachment 130913
Sorta looks like the 73 only bumper overiders...like it really wants to turn left.
Looks like a good starting point.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I treated Malaga to some love yesterday, the driver door closes without slamming for the first time in ages. And Shawn says I can’t sell her at the peak of the market either.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think when it is done you should have a meet up. Everyone gets an engine bay sticker and each person has to guess (without help) where the stickers go. Once complete, you must leave them wherever they lie. :D
Ooh, ooh, I'm gonna bring my own. I got them off an E24 board and they look cherry!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I got a call from a Malaga last night - she was pissed about the new girl you brought home.
Be careful!
Chris - congratulations on the new undertaking.

Days after we returned from Hilton Head, my other BMW threw a little tantrum. First, no heater controls. Then all the dash warning lights lit up. Then the heater fan came on. Then the heater fan and all the dash lights went off.

I'm convinced she is jealous of all the attention I have been lavishing on my coupe lately.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
strange rub strip halfway door ... never seen this.

Those were pretty common (aftermarket) back in the late 70's to mid 80's - Sometimes they looked pretty good... Most times not.
But - at least that showed the previous owner (I assume) tried to keep the car in good shape.

Good luck - looks like a pretty straight car.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
The car looks way better than great by most coupe standards. I love my chamonix with blue car. I didn’t at first, and now it’s really grown on me to the point that I wouldn’t want it any other way. I look forward to seeing/ hearing the progress. More pics please.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Chris - congratulations on the new undertaking.

Days after we returned from Hilton Head, my other BMW threw a little tantrum. First, no heater controls. Then all the dash warning lights lit up. Then the heater fan came on. Then the heater fan and all the dash lights went off.

I'm convinced she is jealous of all the attention I have been lavishing on my coupe lately.
Sound like it’s a modern bmw!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris--Nice addition to your collection. The turn signal lenses are positioned that way for better wind tunnel testing. Chamonix over Blue is the official BMW color, so the finished car will look very nice.