Chamonix 3.0CS Restoration

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A/C is done and carb issue finally solved! It was too late to take to Monterey but while I was gone Ron Inchausti did an amazing job of diagnosing and correcting several issues. Besides the interference issue with the manifold which kept the main throttle plate from closing, the main jets were too lean. He drilled them from 117.5 to 125, and the dizzy had a wonky mechanical advance but I drove it home today and voila! Starts nice from cold, idles well even with a/c on, accelerates amazingly well so I am thrilled. After ten months without a drivable coupe I can enjoy it once again, what a long and winding road it has been. Pic taken at the Cain household.

IMG_6964.jpeg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
A/C is done and carb issue finally solved! It was too late to take to Monterey but while I was gone Ron Inchausti did an amazing job of diagnosing and correcting several issues. Besides the interference issue with the manifold which kept the main throttle plate from closing, the main jets were too lean. He drilled them from 117.5 to 125, and the dizzy had a wonky mechanical advance but I drove it home today and voila! Starts nice from cold, idles well even with a/c on, accelerates amazingly well so I am thrilled. After ten months without a drivable coupe I can enjoy it once again, what a long and winding road it has been. Pic taken at the Cain household.

View attachment 167340
What a beauty! Congratulations Chris

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It looks great, but more importantly it’s wonderful to see it finally ready for driving better than it did in 1971.

ChasC

Site Donor
Reaction score

View attachment 167340
Beautiful job - the attention to details really stands out! Congratulations !!

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does this just happen spontaneously?
It is a task - taking into account the "mileage" - to brake or break spontaneously. It is a process. ;-)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Installing new handbrake shoes as they wouldn’t hold at all, found the crack. I was told it can be caused by driving with shoe engaged which super heats it and then cracks when cooled. It probably happened 35 years ago.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris
Just finished a brake system check (no cracks like you found). Need new rear brake pads and piston dust covers.

Chris, What pads do you recommend?

I’m always impressed how damn good the stock brakes are for driving on public roads (not track days).

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The correct stance is finally achieved, a few thousand miles on the motor and trans, it runs flawlessly.

IMG_1369.jpeg
IMG_6819.jpeg

Last edited: