Chicane wins

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Everyone, go buy the rustiest piece of crap coupe and drive the hell out of it, and enjoy. Chicane will offer you moral support if it's not everything you dreamed.

If you need me, you can reach me via personal email. I don't need the aggravation of a message board.

Tony

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wins? I had you up in points, don't walk off that ring just yet.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
No need for that Tony , you have been an asset to this board over the years. A clash of personalities is all it seems to be and if something annoys you just overlook it.

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tony, your posts have always been cogent, informative, witty, balanced and interesting. Just my opinion, but Chicane's recent spleen-fest certainly seemed to me pretty out of character with the tone of this great board. Do stick around mate...

TodB

Reaction score
e9 cOUPE BOARD

I like this board better than say, mye28, because there is little to no attitude. That said, the only posts that seem to be contentious at all usually have our man (or woman) Chicane in them. Best to just ignore him, Tony. Your posts have always been informative, interesting and witty. Hope you'll continue to hang out here.

pj

Reaction score
wait, wait , hang on a minute Tony. Chic has a issue with e9coupe.com big f'ing deal ,I couldn't give a rats ass what Chic has issues with.I just read his posts and think 'what a knob'. There is a great place on Roadfly for chic where he can be the Knowitall Guru of E9s.

chicane

Reaction score
If you want to grab your ball and run home because someone posts something not to your liking, then go right ahead. You won't hurt my feelings.

Very juvenile IMHO. My original points are valid. Yours (or your buddy's) opinion(s) are not the only valid ones on this board.

As I said before and will state again. It is not th duty of any e9coupsters to DISCOURAGE newbies from wanting to buy, restore or otherwise enjoy their E9 coupe. We should be ENCOURAGING them.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Chicane, if someone visited this forum for the first time and was thinking of buying an E9 with no previous knowledge of the model, what would you tell them? Serious question.

Dan

chicane

Reaction score
dang said:
Chicane, if someone visited this forum for the first time and was thinking of buying an E9 with no previous knowledge of the model, what would you tell them? Serious question.

Dan

There are plenty of FAQ's, How To's, diagrams and advice ALREADY on the board. The first thing I would tell them is to do a search. Then I would tell them to examine their own skill set and budget. Maybe they have zero DIY skills but major budget OR maybe they have superior DIY skills a garage, some tools and a welder...then I would say go for it. If they have neither I would say forget it.

Like I have said before, these cars have very localized rusts in very predictable places. I have seen far worst rust on later model Fiats and comparable year American cars. The guys on this group are contradictory sometimes. How can these cars be worth a small fortune (40K to 100+K) and then at the same time not worth rust repair or restoration....make up your mind!

People make broad judgments about others cars without ever seeing pics, descriptions, budget or skill sets of the owners. Those who are complaining about my attitude need to look at themselves and see if it is they who must change. If you look at my posts you will see that I am encouraging a positive as well as realistic view of these cars not the contrary.

chicane

Reaction score
michael said:
Definition:

The word Chicane comes from the German word Schikane, meaning Harassment.

Wrong again:

chi·cane / shiˈkān; chi-/
• n. 1. an artificial narrowing or turn on a road or auto-racing course.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
chicane said:
If you look at my posts you will see that I am encouraging a positive as well as realistic view of these cars not the contrary.

Yeah, I'll give you that, but I also think if you gave your opinion in a, lets say, less confrontational manner, your point would probably be received much better.

Dan

BonitaCS

Reaction score
Just one member I'd like to restrict

I've been with this group long before we migrated over from Road Fly and in my recollection there has only been one person that has caused animosity between members. I hate to see one person ruin it for all. I take great value in Tony's posts where as Chicane's I take with a grain of salt.

Anyone heard form Merdad lately?

Scott

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those who are complaining about my attitude need to look at themselves and see if it is they who must change. If you look at my posts you will see that I am encouraging a positive as well as realistic view of these cars not the contrary.

Most complaints are about the tone. Right off the bat picking up a fight
with Scott Andrews was no small feat. Scott must change? More affable than Scott you are talking Mother Theresa's league.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: Just one member I'd like to restrict

BonitaCS said:
Anyone heard form Merdad lately?

I got a message from him the other day. He's still in Iran but hasn't been doing much CS related stuff lately. He also doesn't have access to the internet as easily as others. I'll suggest he post a "hello". :cool:

Dan