coffee machine 1970,

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unfortunately that Facebook group is a private group...
I prefer unwalled gardens, like our e9coupe.com.
PM me your FB name and I’ll invite you. It’s actually a very friendly and helpful group of international Pavoni owners, much like the folks on this forum. I’ve learned a lot from it, as I have from this group.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm inspired and depressed at the same time. I love coffee and was looking for a cappuccino machine recently. Unable to find anything not made in the "Orient" I had given up. Then this appeared and I'm on the hunt again! Thanks DeQ

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
I honestly think a la marzocco linea mini is by far the best option for home use, It’s like the stainless steel submariner Rolex of the coffee machines. No-frills, it doesn’t have the steam punk look, Or that over decorated bicycle you see at Walmart, lol.

And there’s companies out there dedicated to resto moding them. Lol.

Plus, the resale value is probably the highest in their category.

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been using a La Spaziale Vivaldi for the last 10 year or so. Bullet proof. I have played around with different grinders but like the consistency of the Spaz. I've been eyeing a Linea Mini or ECM Synchronika.

@Peter Coomaraswamy Some great Italian machines out there. Keep looking. Working on them is enjoyable too. As DQ demonstrated, the good ones are serviceable from the top to bottom. Don't underestimate the importance of a good grinder!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jeez and I thought my Wife's Keurig was as good as it gets. She also says her Nespresso is damn good too. I am missing something? Going back to Red Bull with Vodka for the weekend.

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
539CEE10-5058-4D88-BD64-B59BC7415D40.jpeg

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
I've been using a La Spaziale Vivaldi for the last 10 year or so. Bullet proof. I have played around with different grinders but like the consistency of the Spaz. I've been eyeing a Linea Mini or ECM Synchronika.

@Peter Coomaraswamy Some great Italian machines out there. Keep looking. Working on them is enjoyable too. As DQ demonstrated, the good ones are serviceable from the top to bottom. Don't underestimate the importance of a good grinder!
Grinder is just as important control Levines t, are use a Mahlkonig peak.
Jeez and I thought my Wife's Keurig was as good as it gets. She also says her Nespresso is damn good too. I am missing something? Going back to Red Bull with Vodka for the weekend.
actually, Nespresso makes one of the best tasting coffe and at consistency, you just don’t get the show.

We all like to think we make the best coffe, even local coffee shops think they have the best tasting espresso, but unfortunately it mostly bitter, over extracted or way to bright (sour). And we pay 4-5 for a cup. I digress. Espresso is like tuning an old set of Solexs , either you know and you’re a master mechanic, or you’re learning. :) I’m learning.

here’s my R&D setup :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 126

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

actually, Nespresso makes one of the best tasting coffe and at consistency, you just don’t get the show.

We all like to think we make the best coffe, even local coffee shops think they have the best tasting espresso, but unfortunately it mostly bitter, over extracted or way to bright (sour). And we pay 4-5 for a cup. I digress. Espresso is like tuning an old set of Solexs , either you know and you’re a master mechanic, or you’re learning. :) I’m learning.

no, that is abusive !
my goodness !

that is a dedicated place for coffee !
not to mention the equipment !
do you take the maintenance by yourself ?

congrats

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
this is how i use the europiccola ,

i agree that the coffee taste is very personal, some people like it one way, some other way
to me it is like wine, i like it or i dont

no need to worry too much, i have heard of people discussing about water PH,...

GPD

Greg
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Clearly a romantic with master talents .... one wonders who’s playing the piano ....

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Rex, i like this one: “Espresso is like tuning an old set of Solexs , either you know and you’re a master mechanic, or you’re learning”

point is that with coffee it is usually a certain level of chaos, say better uncertainty, i am unable to make good (to my taste) coffee every day, sometimes is regular, sometimes good, and sometimes excellent

you never know in advance

maybe it is part of the joy, i accept and love with it