Copart BMW finds...

Haseeb

Reaction score
Yeah, they go out of their way to NOT disclose as much information as possible so you have to be diligent. This one doesn't say Donation so it's probably an insurance company and they didn't list the seller. Certificate of Salvage is issued by insurance companies. It doesn't have an auction date so it could go two weeks from now or four months from now.

On a side note, the Engine Type: says "No" but it clearly has an engine and they took a photo of it. This was a question when that '68 2000ti sold a few months back because the Engine Type said "No" but they didn't have a photo of the engine. "No" usually means "We don't know"...
Thanks for the heads up! I won't need a dealer license or anything like that, I could just buy right?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I won't need a dealer license or anything like that, I could just buy right?

You will need to use a Broker through their site. I'm not familiar with how it works but I know you have to put down a deposit to be able to bid, etc..

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Most annoying is that someone had that big battering ram bumper for nothing. Looks like whatever they ran into missed the bumper completely. Reminds me of not being able to hit the water if you fell out of a boat.
Looks to me like it hit the bumper pretty hard on the right front.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks to me like it hit the bumper pretty hard on the right front.
Ah! I did't see that picture. So the damage would have been worse with euro type set up. Sometimes its good to have big "amurican" bumpers.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
:(

https://www.copart.com/lot/27837738

f63ceb32-e285-476c-8187-342f9f8176fd-jpg.48460
A bit late to this party but there is something strangely beautiful about that picture. Among all the time, money and passion we pour into these projects, at the end of the day the physical items could turn into rubble real quick. But the memories and camaraderies gathered in the process will last a lifetime.

I think this pic should be in the calendar for next year as a reminder.