Craigslist BMW Finds:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Body on this is very good, saw it yesterday...owner says price is negotiable.
https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-bmw-2800-sedan/6410766036.html

Wow that is lovely! Double check the wiring though! I spy evidence of mice.

07f0929499cbc0a8f62e02d8e4218afb.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought the phoenix car was this one at first. I was so happy to see the terrible wheel choice corrected. I was wrong. :D
Mark, so many times I click on a link and it has been removed. Could you do the automatic repost thing? It may be my laptop. Not mine, belongs to and controlled by my college. Thanks.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark, so many times I click on a link and it has been removed. Could you do the automatic repost thing? It may be my laptop. Not mine, belongs to and controlled by my college. Thanks.

Yeah some of the CL ads only last a day or two. Unklike eBay CL doesn’t include the repost link. I should do the CL Ad saver but I am lazy. You may have noticed however that the pictures last much longer. Also now that Dan has software running that converts embedded images to attachments, the images should stick around indefinitely.

Craig Bower

Reaction score
There has been a dry spell lately. Here is an decent m90 car. Not sure about the body but the interior is sharp.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/d/1981-bmw-635csi-euro-m90/6465715767.html

View attachment 39389
Interesting. Definitely a series one car but has a series two rear bumper. The induction runners are L-jet but the distributor is Motronic. If seriously considering, might be good to check That vin number and block number match. Late first series 635s equipped with early Motronic were still M90 powered. Hopefully this car still has its original bottom end as the seller claims.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting. Definitely a series one car but has a series two rear bumper. The induction runners are L-jet but the distributor is Motronic. If seriously considering, might be good to check That vin number and block number match. Late first series 635s equipped with early Motronic were still M90 powered. Hopefully this car still has its original bottom end as the seller claims.

You are correct about the m90 motronics. Don just bought on a few weeks ago. Very late run for the m90. If you pull the VIN off the block and throw it into realoem, it should show up as a euro 635.

jmackro

Reaction score
Box flares, emphasis on box...

Craigslist ad copy said:
This is your chance to own a one of a kind remake car!! 1972 bmw 2002 race car!! This car is completely custom from suspension, engine, interior!!! This car has a Ford 302ci v8 in it!!

I gotta say that I hate these kind of "race cars". Someone builds an absurd hot rod that no racing class would ever accept, and ruins a perfectly good classic car in the process. When they realize it is unusable on the street as well as the track, they try to dump it on someone else. The exclamation points in the CL ad are the frosting on the cake!!!!!!!

OK, rant over.

b9d45ac33f541bc966f2c9418602393e.jpg