Craigslist BMW Finds:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I gotta say that I hate these kind of "race cars". Someone builds an absurd hot rod that no racing class would ever accept, and ruins a perfectly good classic car in the process. When they realize it is unusable on the street as well as the track, they try to dump it on someone else. The exclamation points in the CL ad are the frosting on the cake!!!!!!!

OK, rant over.

View attachment 39525

Agreed. I said the same thing about the Gosser Beer replica (not the@bdigel car which is prepped for racing). These things get built and they are inadequate for the street and the track.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fair price these days for an M6:

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/d/gorgeous-bmw-me24/6453856790.html

02659c9ea6ad1cdaced35aaec0d94670.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
$19K M5 - needs love...
Mark, you always find the ones that tug at my heart. But it is a bit rough around the edges. Not sure about that glass sunroof. I am a sunroof guy, but the glass "moonroof" is a different animal for me. The ad reads "automatic", but I was glad to see that it is a 3-pedal car.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mark, you always find the ones that tug at my heart. But it is a bit rough around the edges. Not sure about that glass sunroof. I am a sunroof guy, but the glass "moonroof" is a different animal for me. The ad reads "automatic", but I was glad to see that it is a 3-pedal car.

I don’t think that it was a factory option despite
the commentary. If I recall, it is a Saab moonroof that is a direct fit. I would switch it back to a sunroof.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t think that it was a factory option despite
the commentary. If I recall, it is a Saab moonroof that is a direct fit. I would switch it back to a sunroof.
Mark, thanks for doing this. It is like a great BMW used car lot where I can sit in front of my computer and kick the tires. Look forward to every post.
Steve

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oh yes, that is nice. I had the four door version of this: an '81 735i, Euro/gray market, same color scheme. Still had the Euro headlights which illuminated the road like the sun, 5 speed, cloth seats, and more torque than any US model I've driven. I could start out from a stop in any gear - even 5th (with some coaxing). I used to race unsuspecting opponents and leave them in the glow of my tail lights every time.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This 1988 M6 doesn’t do anything for me, but it appears to be well cared for. I just can’t get excited about the interior on late model e24’s (especially the M6 and L6 rear console).

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1988-bmw-m6-coupe-5-speed/6456285345.html

View attachment 40040
Mark, i totally agree with you. back in the day i thought the 6 series was really cool. as time has passed, i still prefer the 2002 to the e21 320i and the e9 coupe to the e24. the only exception to that is the e21 323i ... its a blast to drive. i prefer the e28 ///m5 to the e24 ///m6.