Craigslist BMW Finds:

jmackro

Reaction score
Perhaps he doesn't want to pay the auction fees at Bonhams?

Anyone with the wherewithal to own a 7-figure car would understand that Bonhams' 7% fee is peanuts compared with the discount he'll suffer by marketing just to the unwashed masses on Craigslist. I agree with autokunst - something doesn't add up here.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This looks like a fun little project for $1,200. I love the 80's rear louvers. Sadly it's an auto 530 but it's pretty clean looking.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-bmw-530i-e12/6477846517.html

00H0H_eK3xKkkDOrI_1200x900.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The L and R mirrors are also completely different - though both are mounted mid-door. And the RF side marker lens is busted.

Oh well, it is an $800 car! :)

Tough crowd tonight. I suppose that happens when there are no coupes on BAT. :D

jamesw

Reaction score
Quit hating on the E12 you guys! Heck, the motor + the Recaro is almost worth $800. I like it and I bet one of us carb-savy folks on here could have it running well in about 2 hours. It's either a carb problem or cam+timing is what I am guessing. I have the $$ to buy it but not for the divorce so I'll have to pass but it's sure tempting.

Cheers
James

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love e12s. My comments are not extended to the chassis in general. Just the incredibly poor placement of the mirrors on those doors - they may as well be attached to the rear doors - ha ha. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love e12s. My comments are not extended to the chassis in general. Just the incredibly poor placement of the mirrors on those doors - they may as well be attached to the rear doors - ha ha. ;)

Agreed. Terrible mirror placement. BMW would never do that from the factory :D:
59849583-500-0.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agreed. Terrible mirror placement. BMW would never do that from the factory
Oh, I am familiar with the US side mirror location on our e9s. Changing mine to the euro location... But that e12 is "almost" in the middle of the door, and no fly window to anchor it visually. I could be wrong, but I don't think that is where BMW put them.?. It only takes a couple of inches to go from "well proportioned" to wonky. :)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ha ha - I googled and found those same pictures (at least the first two). I was going to post them (should have). I think those mirrors are the couple of inches further forward, making a subtle but important difference.?. Or maybe it is just the janky mirrors on the craigslist car (not hating, just saying...) :):):)