Craigslist BMW Finds:

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
C-Pillar Roundels ?

Very nice car, me thinks. Good price for all those extras.

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Isetta 600, 4 passenger in Austin

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6484538664.html?lang=en&cc=gb

00N0N_k1u8nRsF6Dg_1200x900.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
e28 M5 - $24K

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/1988-bmw-m5-e28/6526242422.html

1988 BMW M5

VIN: WBSDC9301J2791954
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 162690
paint color: black
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: sedan

Reluctantly selling my e28 M5 after owning for 5 years. Work and family leave me with no time to enjoy it. I do get it out of the garage for a drive at least once every month or 2. The car idles and runs good, pulls hard and also stops great. It went through mechanical/cosmetic refresh 4 years ago on the inside and out. Garage kept since then and never driven in rain. Never got around to cleaning up engine bay but a lot of ignition, cooling, fuel, intake parts have been replaced. Only driven around 2,000 miles in the last 4 years. The odometer works now but was stopped for around 10-15k miles before I purchased the car. Mileage is estimated 175-180k. Carfax shows no accidents. I did not have a full restoration done on the car but it presents well. There are a few minor items to replace/reinstall and the parts I have will come with the car. It's currently insured through Hagerty for $30k and I would put it in the very good driver category. I'm asking $24,000. Test drives will only happen with proof of funds. Only serious buyers need to respond as I do not have time to waste. If you are interested then call or text me as I don't check my emails that often. Prefer local buyers but can ship on your dollar. Will take it to any shop within 30 mins of me for PPI if you arrange and pay for it.

Details:
-All coolant hoses, seals, water pump, fan clutch, coolant tank, and Wizard Cooling all-aluminum radiator. Ignition parts to include Bosch plugs, cap, rotor, and wires. All intake boots and hoses. Fuel injectors rebuilt and flow tested by Cruzin Performance. Valve clearances checked/adjusted right after I purchased it. Also has a new clutch, flex disk, driveshaft center bearing, and rear diff mount.
-SLS suspension removed and new Bilstein Sports and H&R springs installed. All rubber suspension parts replaced including dogbones, upper and lower control arms, subframe bushings, rear trailing arm bushings, steering links, and sway bar links. New e34 540/M5 rear brake calipers, rotors, and pads. Original front calipers rebuilt and new rotors and pads installed along with stainless steel brake lines.
Stainless steel cat-back exhaust system of unknown brand (couldn't find any markings on it but looks similar to Billy-Boat). Original cat section still on car but the cats have been hollowed out. Exhaust is louder than stock but not too obnoxious.
-Repainted 4 years ago with base/clear in Schwartz color. It looks good but it was not a show quality job and some imperfections are visible up close. It could also use a deep buff to remove some swirl marks in the finish that are visible in the bright sunlight. Also has a small crack in paint on lower part of driver's door. All original VIN tags are in place except driver door that was replaced.
-All exterior bumper trim, grills, vents, side trim, rear spoiler trim, etc was refinished or replaced. New BMW front and rear windshield seals were used when the front and rear glass was reinstalled. Bumpers were refinished and were tucked a couple inches in front and about 3 inches in back. New fog lights installed. New M5 badges were also installed front and rear and also a new antenna. Original wheels were recently refinished and have brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS in 225/50R16. Original spare with Pirelli P700. Complete tool kit as well.
-Crack-free dash installed, front seats were recovered in vinyl, and all other leather (door panels, rear seats, center console, glove box, knee panel) cleaned and re-dyed to match. Also new M badges installed on seats. All seat controls work (except seat heaters were removed but switches are still in place). The headliner, door seals, felt strips, and pillar trim is all in great shape as well.

Things on my list that I haven't completed:

-Check panel has intermittent "Brake Light" warning (like every other e28) but all lights work.
-AC does not work due to compressor seals blew out and I have not replaced it yet.
-I have a new windshield for it but haven't installed yet. Old one is not cracked or delaminating but has some pitting that causes glare when driving into the sun.
-Clutch helper spring needs installed. Clutch pedal is harder than normal to push in. I have the new spring. I'm used to it so hasn't been a big deal to me.
-The car will sometimes take 5 to 10 seconds to start when the engine is warm. I bought a new in-line fuel pump to try but have not yet replaced it. It always starts and has never left me stranded in 4 years.
-Fix trunk panel with little compartment for first aid kit and reinstall.
-Fix ground connection at antenna housing due to antenna not raising sometimes.
-Driver's door catch needs adjusted inward slightly to allow for the door to fully seal.

5357F7BB-3B41-4E43-B385-8BF1B986BAF3.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You didn't tell me about this one!

If you want to sell a few parts, I think that @Bmachine may be interested in the armrest/cubby. Check with @nathanegger on the HL wiper motors. E12 front calipers are a bolt-in upgrade for the e9. The same may be true for e23 front calipers. I have read conflicting information on e23 differential compatibility. Logic would dictate that a 1982 e23 diff would be the tail end of a direct swap, and a 745i would have an LSD. Certainly worth a look, or additional confirmation from the forum experts.

jmackro

Reaction score
In photo #2 there is a red something. Any idea if it is interesting?

Here's a blow-up of that mystery red something. Evidence suggests this could be another 700 as Markos suggests. Note that the CL ad says "Comes with one assembled motor and another in parts" suggesting the seller is a bit of a 700 collector.

imageedit_6_3435411367.jpg