Craigslist BMW Finds:

Bob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks! The '81/82's seem to be a good year before the added electic seats, abs and facelift details with most of the bmws starting for the 83 model year.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
E12 w an S38 Looks like it’s at Terry Sayther’s

EEE3EF39-CA0D-4C4A-BDD1-215D567273B2.jpeg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Wow, I bet that is a blast to drive. All the tough stuff has been done. Looks good in Fjord. Wish they would have a eliminated the front fender mounted parking lights when they did the bumper swap. These are great looking cars in Euro set up. A couple weekends detailing the interior and engine compartment and off you go.
Eight, count em, eight speakers that I can see. I think I'd rather listen to the s38 unwind.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
From the VIN it’s a 528i Automatic, with a 530 badge? I don’t see that getting anywhere near $20K, it has lots of cosmetic issues. And those seats......

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
From the VIN it’s a 528i Automatic, with a 530 badge? I don’t see that getting anywhere near $20K, it has lots of cosmetic issues. And those seats......

Sorry Chris, I might have to disagree with you on this one - which is rare! I think this car has a lot going for it. It would be hard to put all of that together for 20K, I think it could bring that kind of money. Personally, I love those Recaros but I'd have them reupholstered to match the rest of the interior.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Chris, I might have to disagree with you on this one - which is rare! I think this car has a lot going for it. It would be hard to put all of that together for 20K, I think it could bring that kind of money. Personally, I love those Recaros but I'd have them reupholstered to match the rest of the interior.

I tend to agree. Electric Recaro Ideal C’s
came out in the late 70’s, so period correct. These have funky lower bolsters so I can’t put my finger on them. They look like factory seats from an audi.

1F668BA9-C18C-47CE-818B-C38E8A62DBF9.jpeg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A low mileage 79 528i with a five speed went for $15K on BaT, it was very, very nice. I just don’t think the S38 can overcome everything this e12 needs. It has the same issues which hampered his CSL from getting top dollar bids.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s a Terry Sayther car. That S38 used to reside in his Golf CSL. You can bet this e12 scoots.

Edit... that appears to be an M88, not an S38

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's a cheap and rare E46. Sport Pack, manual, 2005 Touring for $1800 USD

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A low mileage 79 528i with a five speed went for $15K on BaT, it was very, very nice. I just don’t think the S38 can overcome everything this e12 needs. It has the same issues which hampered his CSL from getting top dollar bids.

It is hard to put a price on his cars, because he builds them for himself and what he has on hand. I’m guessing he realizes this to some extent & that’s why he says “price negotiable.” He dropped the price on the E24 he’s been trying to sell for quite a while. I’m assuming he has plenty of space & not much urgency to sell. But he has quite a few for sale right now. I think these are all his or he’s selling down to the E24.

B9AB0C0C-066B-484A-8840-0956BE0524C9.png

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Terry’s been fixing BMWs in that same shop for many decades. The “annex” as he calls it... sooooo many spares. If the wheel fits, wear it.

:)

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know I’m in the minority but I’ve always like the square tail lights better. As long as they have the euro bumpers of course.

No offense to current owners but Baur’s do nothing for me. I think it is because the form factor of the 70’s-80’s BMW c-pillar is so paramount for me.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i agree with Markos.... those Baur's design never got it "right" ....no more a "BMW" ...more a wifeys convertible car with good BMW mechanics ?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i agree with Markos.... those Baur's design never got it "right" ....no more a "BMW" ...more a wifeys convertible car with good BMW mechanics ?

I used to have an E30 325e Baur. First BMW I ever restored. Can't speak for other models but use to go like a rocket. Perhaps it was the feeling of the wind (or ice/rain) in your hair with the roof down. Or, that feeling with the roof up that it could be torn off at any moment and I'd be sucked out and carried off like Dorothy to the Land of Oz...