Craigslist BMW Finds:

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This Cl ad had the 2002 crowd losing it's collective mind yesterday. The ad is still up. He's in South Austin and us locals have been trying to reach the guy. It was posted on FAQ, mye28, and a lot of of other places. It seems legit, but by now the guy has 1000s of emails and realizes he has something more than scrap... Seriously... a first year injected car in Ceylon. Wow.

1571930735667.png

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This Cl ad had the 2002 crowd losing it's collective mind yesterday. The ad is still up. He's in South Austin and us locals have been trying to reach the guy. It was posted on FAQ, mye28, and a lot of of other places. It seems legit, but by now the guy has 1000s of emails and realizes he has something more than scrap... Seriously... a first year injected car in Ceylon. Wow.

View attachment 79345

I’ve had 3 emails into him since yesterday w no response. And now someone has posted another ad asking him to respond. The FAQ discussion was pretty funny. But, I’ve got the truck loaded and an Austin relative on standby just in case. He looked over the pics & couldn’t recognize the neighborhood, but says it is probably close to Terry. Ad doesn’t look like a fake, but who knows. My guess he’s up around $10k now talking to first responders.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seller updated with the following message:

"Sorry, this will not be sold by this listing. This will be listed on Ebay under the same title. I have received 158 inquiries in 18 hours from around the country. It's great to arouse such a stir in the BMW community. I remember it fondly."

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Seller updated with the following message:

"Sorry, this will not be sold by this listing. This will be listed on Ebay under the same title. I have received 158 inquiries in 18 hours from around the country. It's great to arouse such a stir in the BMW community. I remember it fondly."

That was weird. I clicked on the eBay auction to see what it sold for and there was 20 seconds left. Sold for $7258. The seller should be happy.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just know noticed the fenders were flared. Keeping them or going back to original?

Also, the photos in the auction were horrible and/or missing. Did you get a chance to check it out in person? Again. ;)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Did you get a chance to check it out in person? Again.

The day it was put on CL, I drove down in the 2000CS, knocked on the door and the lady sheepishly opened the door. "How did you find us??" I told her the internet is a terrible place and Google is not your friend when it comes to keeping personal information private. (A particular sleuth was able to dig through Google street-view and found the front of the house...) She said she was busy and would not show me the car, but I did see it through the garage windows. I left my card and when I got home it was already on fleaBay.

Barney will get it back to his place soon enough. Because the owner didn't allow us to look it over, things are still unknown. I have no idea what Barney has planned. The opportunity on an early Tii in a rare color was too much to pass up. He has the abilities to bring it back, but I don't know what he wants to do.

I'll pass along some pics and info soon.

Ed Z

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Sooner Need a little rust in your life? Pretty close to you. Go buy it, so I'll stop lapsing into thoughts of logistics, road conditions, etc. I've seen too much of Dalhart the last 10 years to endure that trip for this thing.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, spotted this car earlier, currently I have a 2002 in process, and 5 for spares or resto later. Think my plate is full now, LOL

My big-truck-driving buddy thinks they’re cute, and I should make one into a smoker for his Norman tailgates. If it is a lost cause to rust, that would be kind of fun.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've always thought the trailers made from the rear portion of a 2002 are interesting ideas...

1573751415605.png

and here's a Coupe with hood and rear deck!

1573751527010.png

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Throwing a little shade by chopping the square and pulling w a roundie.

Funny! I had not noticed that!

I see the Coupe trailer is the nose and rear joined at the wheel well. I'd be curious to see more pictures of that.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Albuquerque Dealer has inca 2002 with matching trailer, really nice. He may have sold dealership so not for sure where car is

restart

Reaction score
NMNA FOR GRINS
1575164139278.jpeg

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This ad may be peak Craigslist. Are there really buyers out there who would throw $60k at a $10-15k car?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
This ad may be peak Craigslist. Are there really buyers out there who would throw $60k at a $10-15k car?

Seller wants full sentimental value.

Per Ad:
Four Tires
Trunk Lock
Door Handle
Engine Tune-UP
Gas-Tank Repair
MINOR Rust Repair
Soap, Wax, ArmorAll...

Per Pics:
Also needs split front seats reupholstered.
609B3C70-B1BD-4205-83B6-388651677CAB.jpeg