CSL 2275030 has landed!

soxrus

Reaction score
Congrats Dan ... I know a lot about that CSL.

It is a very nice, no excuses car with GREAT BONES !!!

Looks like I found the right owner in Roger, he has taken good care of my baby ...

Now you take care of her "AND USE OFTEN" !!!

Those 60 and 70's colors that fell out of favor for years are so cool now !!!

Golf Yellow and Inka Orange are my favorites with Taiga Green a close third ...

Be Safe All, Jimmy

soxrus

Reaction score
Couldn't help noticing how diminutive and lithe the CSL looked parked next to my 7 series. Still makes me chuckle that we used to call the E9s 'big coupes' :D

View attachment 46125

That picture is why I haven't bought a new BMW in 12 years and have no plan too (however I'm hearing good things about the new M2)

So hard for me to believe the company's cars that I fell so in love with in the 70's became what they are today ...

Ford makes Lincolns ... BMW should NEVER !!!

Be Safe All, Jimmy

m73

Reaction score
Nice coupe -- congrats. IMHO I could see driving the wheels off in classic events but not just around town.

Colorado grand is calling!

-Mo

Dohn

Reaction score
Couldn't help noticing how diminutive and lithe the CSL looked parked next to my 7 series. Still makes me chuckle that we used to call the E9s 'big coupes' :D=QUOTE]

When I got my coupe I checked the dimensions against my e92 335i. The coupe was five inches longer, but five inches narrower, two inches shorter, and 200 lbs lighter than a 3-series!

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan

Is your Csl going to be a daily driver in the summer or a garage QUEEN
A little too hot in Texas during the summer to daily drive a CSL, although it will be driven regularly. Yesterday afternoon I had a fantastic drive in the Texas Hill Country and mechanically the car performed flawlessly. I will need to address the mounting of the seats before I do much more driving as the driver's seat doesn't lock in the seat rail, so the seat has a tendency to slide back on acceleration and forward under braking. Once my trim guys have fixed that minor issue, I will be back looking for any excuse to run errands.
Cheers!
Dan

soxrus

Reaction score
Dan,

The Scheel seat mounts/adjustments are very "simple" ... has to be a spring missing that holds the locking lug into the adjustment slot ... or something binding keeping it from engaging properly

If memory serves me correct the adjusting lever is held "UP" in place once the desired seat position is achieved by a spring ... if the spring is missing or any kind of a bind is present the seat locking lug can move down (Gravity) and the seat can move back or forward depending on the cars momentum.

Be Safe All, Jimmy

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan,

The Scheel seat mounts/adjustments are very "simple" ... has to be a spring missing that holds the locking lug into the adjustment slot ... or something binding keeping it from engaging properly

If memory serves me correct the adjusting lever is held "UP" in place once the desired seat position is achieved by a spring ... if the spring is missing or any kind of a bind is present the seat locking lug can move down (Gravity) and the seat can move back or forward depending on the cars momentum.

Be Safe All, Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy. We already have the seats on the operating table and as you say, it all looks very simple.

One thing that was bugging me on my drive yesterday was the passenger side sun visor refusing to stay in the 'up' position. I assumed I'd need a new clip or something similar, but talking to Carl Nelson about another Coupe I am working on, the sloppy visor came up in the conversation and Carl told me to tighten the phillips screw on the visor where the visor pivot shaft passes through the visor. Hey presto, the visor now stays up and actually takes some force to pull it down! I told Carl it was my easiest and fastest automotive repair ever - maybe about 5 seconds of labor :D

52418dm1.jpg

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
stunning in Golf! lovely and many congrats

(it is Golf, yes?)

I discovered the very same fix to the very same annoying sunvisor issue myself just last week

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
stunning in Golf! lovely and many congrats

(it is Golf, yes?)

I discovered the very same fix to the very same annoying sunvisor issue myself just last week
Thanks Drew, yes, Golf Yellow. I love the color, which screams 'early seventies' to me :D

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan,
Regarding the special Csl clips that hold up the sun visors, we discussed that here not too long ago as it is a very common problem.
Well, the answer turned out to be very simple, it’s exactly the same part Porsche used in the early 70’s and in the 928 too. It’s readily available on eBay for a few bucks (10 odd if I recall) per piece. Available new thru Porsche too. Immediate relief and a painless fix!

Here is a link and you’ll find them in the US EBay too
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sonnenblend...el:928&hash=item25f60561a9:g:a0MAAOSwnDZT40NS

Last edited:

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan,
Regarding the special Csl clips that hold up the sun visors, we discussed that here not too long ago as it is a very common problem.
Well, the answer turned out to be very simple, it’s exactly the same part Porsche used in the early 70’s and in the 928 too. It’s readily available on eBay for a few bucks (10 odd if I recall) per piece. Available new thru Porsche too. Immediate relief and a painless fix!

Here is a link and you’ll find them in the US EBay too
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sonnenblendenclip-Clip-Sonnenblende-schwarz-APA-passend-fur-Porsche-911-928/163041337769?fits=Make:porsche|Model:928&hash=item25f60561a9:g:a0MAAOSwnDZT40NS

apologies for going off-topic, could someone post a link to the thread where Porsche 928 sunvisor clips are discussed? I've done a search and turned nothing up, typical for my www searching abilities. (I have one white clip and one black clip in my CSL, and if I can fix this with a trip to my local OPC I will do so!)