CSL on BaT - 2nd time around

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
From my understanding, The race cars had to be derived from a production car and the lightweight shells and alum panels were the necessary basis of the race cars. The main competition were the Capris and 911, both much lighter cars. I'm sure others will chime in with more explicit info but suffice to say, BMW wouldn't have spent the money to develop the lightweight shell of the street CSL if they didn't absolutely need to.

BMW should have done what Lancia did for group B. Make a few hundred cars and put them in warehouse A. Take a really long lunch with officials on the way to warehouse B. Meanwhile, staff move all cars from warehouse A to warehouse B. Win! :D

aguirola

Reaction score
I wonder if I could bid on the turntable in the video? When I was a wee lad my great grand parents had one in their house in San Fransisco to to turn car around in garage.
Might it have been in Seacliff, McLaren Drive (maybe the spelling is not right, but the sound is)
Anyhow, I had some friends that had a house there with the same contraption, and were scared s...less to use it.

Back to RHD :)

Regards, Alberto