Deposit on another BMW - NOT an E9

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Haha! How many lights can you put on a 2002? I'll need a bigger alternator... Lol. Thank you, Russ. I'm still figuring out the light wiring to get these hooked up. One complication at a time. ;)
Well, if Sting can put this many lights and mirrors on a Vespa, I guess sky is the limit. Yes, a bigger alternator for sure, I have a crazy story about that buying a 2002ti (not a real ti) that I bought sight unseen in Portland and thought it would be a good idea to drive back to SoCal....ummmm let's just say the light and stereo upgrades kept me stranded in Shasta County on Hwy 5 at 3:00am with no cell service AND NO SHOULDER! I had to climb a tree for one bar! That was fun.

Awesome/amazing lug nuts, who knew you could get so nuts about lug nuts? And those wheels are siiiiiiiiick! Great job! Can't wait to see the touring in all it's glory (and all it's lights ;)).

Stings Vespa.jpeg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the touring in all it's glory (and all it's lights
I'll keep everyone appraised, don't worry. I've been detailing (heavily cleaing/no painting) the engine compartment. Really coming along.

I've got some paint w failing clear coat thats the real issue. I've got some ideas on that front, I'll be trying...

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, if Sting can put this many lights and mirrors on a Vespa, I guess sky is the limit. Yes, a bigger alternator for sure, I have a crazy story about that buying a 2002ti (not a real ti) that I bought sight unseen in Portland and thought it would be a good idea to drive back to SoCal....ummmm let's just say the light and stereo upgrades kept me stranded in Shasta County on Hwy 5 at 3:00am with no cell service AND NO SHOULDER! I had to climb a tree for one bar! That was fun.

Awesome/amazing lug nuts, who knew you could get so nuts about lug nuts? And those wheels are siiiiiiiiick! Great job! Can't wait to see the touring in all it's glory (and all it's lights ;)).

View attachment 153788
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-vespa-vbb/ How funny, nice replica!

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Got the lights fixed on the Europa (had to run a new little ground) and finally got it in and working. Actually sounds semi-OK with the original speakers... Or maybe I'm looking at it through rose colored glasses..

Also figured out how the air-horns work. The switch under the dash toggles them on or off when using the factory horns. When they are toggled on, both the factory horns AND the air horns operate. Needless to say they are incredibly loud. And look like they were added very early in the cars life...

Couple more pics of the firewall from the interior side... Remarkably clean.

20230114_173408.jpg
20230114_173923.jpg
20230114_140102.jpg
20230114_140057.jpg
20230114_174020.jpg

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Let us know how it drives, especially compared to an e9. I have had four E9s, yet I have never driven a 2002.
Hello All, there are 2 deferent car I have 2002tii and I have 3 E9, with 2002 you can cut corner quick and it is very good sport car in the city but it is not as fast as E9, with E9 that is beautiful sport car that you can drive fast and you can cruise around, and look heavy and stylish that turns head any where you go with nice shine E9, back in 75 I had 1971 blue 2800cs and it wasn't many in the city where I was living, sometime people would stop me on the road and asking if it is for sale, that finally I sold to one of them that stop me on the way from work to home and gave me a good offer that I couldn't turn it down, that's why I have one blue 2800cs today, if you asking me? there is no other car drive like E9 I love these car, same way there is no other car drives like old fashion Cadillac Deville that they do not built it any more, but now there is nice one for sale in BAT with 26K mile, this cadi is the best ever Cadillac built it, I use to drive till 5 years ago after the last one couldn't fined good one and I move to Jaguar XJ I wish could buy this one but I have no time and have to many car

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Did some work on the paint and it actually came out much better than I thought it would. By no means perfect but it shines and it's smooth. There are a couple spots where the clear coat is completely gone but better than nothing and it's all original 50yr old paint that was known to fail...

Before
20230503_194602.jpg

After :

20230503_194550.jpg

20230503_194607.jpg

Also mounted the new CN36's on the Campy wheels. They look so period...

20230504_162550.jpg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@tferrer ... this is really turning out amazing. i'm with Steve, LOVE the wheels ... and of course i am a sucker for the CN 36 Pirelli tires. they look sooooooo good with those wheels. good for you !!!

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that a Pivot E-Bike in front of the car? I bet it's a hoot. I've only ridden cargo e-bikes. Oh yeah, and a RadPower in Monterey with the family. A bike tour company down by the cannery at the south end of town led tours to Pebble Beach on them.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is that a Pivot E-Bike in front of the car? I bet it's a hoot. I've only ridden cargo e-bikes. Oh yeah, and a RadPower in Monterey with the family. A bike tour company down by the cannery at the south end of town led tours to Pebble Beach on them.
Yea, I've had it for a few years and it's a blast. Exactly as it's name implies. Shuttle up, drop down. The new era of e-bikes are quite amazing. Bigger and heavier but for big days and lots of vertical they are fantastic.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@tferrer ... this is really turning out amazing. i'm with Steve, LOVE the wheels ... and of course i am a sucker for the CN 36 Pirelli tires. they look sooooooo good with those wheels. good for you !!!
Thanks! Yea, they are quite cool. At 9lbs they are lightweight as well. Can't wait to get them mounted with the Campagnolo lug nuts I scored. Should be a beautiful combo.

I'll be taking it to the 2002 meet/show in Brisbane this weekend for those of you planning a visit. Stop by and say hi.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took the wonky cover off the wheel.. it's absolutely pristine.

Major update: I've recently made a deal on a 74 911S in factory Mexico blue so the 2002 is now for sale. I'll be bringing it to the 2002 show in Brisbane tomorrow and it will have a For Sale sign on it.

20230505_202112.jpg
20230505_202046.jpg