Deposit on another BMW - NOT an E9

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Still living vicariously through you bud. We go from exchanging craigslist ads for cool 2002’s to you owning a Tii Touring two weeks later. :D

Anyway, off in the minivan to take the kids to swim class. :D
If you trade in the minivan for a Touring you could still take the kids to swim class and then swing by Renton for some flatpack home furnishings. Seems like a perfectly reasonable proposition to me. I'm not sure my wife would see it quite that way however...

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
What a great find, and it seems to be getting better as you dig into it. Very happy for you. Campy wheels and corkscrew, and a De Rosa in the back. That should take care of everything. And maybe one of these Silca t-shirts. I got a baby blue one for father's day several years ago.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
What a great find, and it seems to be getting better as you dig into it. Very happy for you. Campy wheels and corkscrew, and a De Rosa in the back. That should take care of everything. And maybe one of these Silca t-shirts. I got a baby blue one for father's day several years ago.
I spoke to soon on the Campys.. The seller now isn't returning my messages after agreeing. Arrghh!

EDIT:Seller came back. Bought the three wheels and now looking for at least one more if not two.

Last edited:

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Doing some additional cleaning on the rear of the car and decided to go through the glove compartment to look at the manual. Maybe some of you have experienced this level of paperwork and Records but I never have. My jaw hit the ground. The dealer matching booklet is the icing on the cake..
20220710_123123.jpg
20220710_123225.jpg
20220710_123333.jpg
20220710_123354.jpg
20220710_123402.jpg
20220710_123529.jpg
20220710_123555.jpg

20220710_123320.jpg
20220710_123247.jpg
20220710_123722.jpg
20220710_123052.jpg

20220709_182630.jpg

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know what these carpets are made of? I was thinking they are wool but wanted to confirm before trying more aggressive methods on this stain on the rear carpet.

Has anyone gotten a very old stain from one of these original carpets? I thought it was rust after making no headway with normal cleaners but that didn't appear to do anything.
Carpet stain.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is a great looking car ... my guess is the carpet should have been nylon unless they have been replaced.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
this is a great looking car ... my guess is the carpet should have been nylon unless they have been replaced.
Got it! Ok, so that's less sensitive than wool. I'll try some hydrogen peroxide and see where that gets me. To my eyes, nothing on this car has been replaced. It's exceedingly original and in fantastic shape. It has become an exercise in preservation. Experiments to begin on removing the failing clear coat (very carefully) and re-clearing the hood, roof and hatch. The rest of the paint is in good shape (not perfect but good).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
agreed about the car ... i meant to go look at it since it was in the Atlanta area - just didn't get there. there is a reasonably nice red tii on BaT and an interesting jade green 02 on BaT.

i've been giving some thought to selling my 911s (997) ... not driving it that much, and buy a 2002 or if i could find on a nice e21 323i. would love a tii (never had one), but its so easy to build an even better car. would be great to find one with a S14 in it (getting so expensive though) ... but would even think about a m42 engine with - either megasquirt or twin weber dcoes.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have never seen the second, left side, viny tool wrap with the lug wrench and hook. I assume it was in the car. One of many amazing finds.

Could you post the story of your Touring on 2002faq. The members would swoon.

Thanks, Steve

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where do you think the plastic steering wheel cover came from? They are sold in almost every USA auto parts store. This car deserves a leather wrap.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
It came from Switzerland. The car hasn't changed in 30 years according to the seller. I'm not changing it until the cars all cleaned up which is still in process. It will definitely come off in the future.