E9 Door seals

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
To cap this off, he had a bad accident and his right hand was injured. He mentioned his female helpers get overwhelmed and have a hard time understanding some parts request. If you really want something that isn't on his website, then I'd suggest calling. He picked right up and everything was taken care of.

Granted it's not the best way to conduct business...

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
My seals came from Stefan today. Have a genuine bmw set here to compare to so fingers crossed they are good!

Attachments

• IMG-20220916-WA0033.jpeg
    IMG-20220916-WA0033.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 116

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
So an overall look compared to a set of NOS seals provided by @Paul Baker

Gen bmw on the left, pattern on the right. About 2mm thicker but the rubber is slightly softer, I'm hoping that this means it will be a tighter fit on the top and helps with wind noise

IMG_20220917_142509.jpgBmw on the bottom, pattern on top. Bmw is more like a low density rubber whereas the pattern is like a rubberised foam which deform more and is thinner. I know the bmw ones do need some shaving to fit up properly so this is probably a good thing. They also look a damn sight better. IMG_20220917_142645.jpg

Up at the top of the b pillar the bmw part has a taper where the rubber piece hollows out before the sealing strip. The pattern is solid throughout. One thing to note is the left and right seals on the bmw parts aren't consistent in firmness, one being much stiffer than the other, whereas these are both similar.
IMG-20220917-WA0027.jpeg

The biggest, and imo only detraction for me on these is the fact the seals glue on, there is some exposed glue and does look a bit unsightly. IMG-20220917-WA0029.jpeg

Overall, I'm happy with them (other than the issues with contact which we have found). They are well priced and were shipped quickly once the order was placed was finalised, they fit and seem to seal well and are a better option than the bmw seals if you can find them.

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_142708.jpg
    IMG_20220917_142708.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 114

sdoyle

Reaction score
Seals arrived today. I don't have good seals to compare, nosmonkey has provided a very good comparison, which I think is very accurate, including the fact that some glue is visible, however it is accptable. I like the fact that they are a bit softer than the originals, they are fitting nicely so far, I dont have the doors ready to fit yet. Price including carriage to Ireland was €265.00 or $265.00. I placed and paid for the order, I had no other contact, none was required. I am happy with the outcome.

Attachments

• Complete kit.jpg
    Complete kit.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Front view.jpg
    Front view.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Rear view.jpg
    Rear view.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 100

stcos85

Reaction score
Seals arrived today. I don't have good seals to compare, nosmonkey has provided a very good comparison, which I think is very accurate, including the fact that some glue is visible, however it is accptable. I like the fact that they are a bit softer than the originals, they are fitting nicely so far, I dont have the doors ready to fit yet. Price including carriage to Ireland was €265.00 or $265.00. I placed and paid for the order, I had no other contact, none was required. I am happy with the outcome.
can you confirm who you ordered these from as I need a set

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The "official" word from BMW (via the dealer's ordering system) was that production of these was to be started in September. Since we are now in October, does anyone have access to their system to see if that indeed happened?
Of course, the system did not specify WHICH September...

eb88

Reaction score
Hello, i've ordered a pair of new reproduction doors seals from a company called "Maximillian" in December 2023 and was given a date of January 2024.
after asking for an update at the start of February I was told the following week.
after asking for an update two weeks later I was told possibly May 2024.

Is there an alternative source for these as i'm now very wary in dealing with this company.

It is already not ideal as i'm having them first sent to a forwarding address in NYC - USA then to be sent to me in the UK. It's a very long round trip from Germany.
Many thanks in advance.

Maximillian.jpg

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@eb88 , There may be other sources that others will share. Maxamillian is a reputable firm and is actually associated with a BMW dealership in Lancaster PA. I have purchased a number of items, including door seals, from them without any concern. They are not always the best at sharing the actual time to source a part.

sdoyle

Reaction score
I have purchased both seals from BMW-Oldtimerteile.de, cost at the moment is €239.00 plus shipping I paid €17.50 to Ireland. Aug 2023.
If you open the link below it will take you straight to the site which currently shows both sides available ex-stock.. I had no problems, If you look back in the thread, I have put up photos of the seals. Both are now fitted with no problems, however the doors are still not on the car.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello, i've ordered a pair of new reproduction doors seals from a company called "Maximillian" in December 2023 and was given a date of January 2024.
after asking for an update at the start of February I was told the following week.
after asking for an update two weeks later I was told possibly May 2024.

Is there an alternative source for these as i'm now very wary in dealing with this company.

It is already not ideal as i'm having them first sent to a forwarding address in NYC - USA then to be sent to me in the UK. It's a very long round trip from Germany.
Many thanks in advance.

View attachment 177638
I would cancel your order and just get a set from Stefan Ries

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In stock with Stefan and he ships pretty quickly.
Heads up- you wait too long and his stock will be gone.

eb88

Reaction score
Thanks very much all for your comments, I have asked Maximilian to cancel and refund and just emailed BMW-Oldtimerteile to confirm they have both instock.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ummm- that sounds backwards.
i would buy at Stefan and then cancel at Max.
you are set up now to possibly get nothing.

if Stefan has it available on his website- buy them. His stock is limited.

eb88

Reaction score
Of course we will not order another pair until we have confirmation Maximilian will allow us to cancel the exsisting order and refund us.
Stefan has promptly replied to our email confirming he has both sides in stock. Many thanks again.