Five speed conversion on bring a trailer

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If I someday get this mazda rx8 6spd to work in my e9, I'll definitely will sell my 265 "kit" on BAT since it's 95% complete.

Man, things getting way expensive these days.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Note: Scott mentioned wanting better low end performance. A taller rear ratio goes in the other direction. He may not need a 5spd (back in the day these did cruise the autobahn at >80mph all day).

maybe Scott would be better off spending $8k ($6k 5spd kit plus labor) on a 3.5 liter B35 with a few torque boosting mods. Then he can think about a 3.25 diff ratioz

John
is that all it would take to upgrade/change the engine, $8k, all-in? If so, sign me up!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will gladly pay for 10 of those shift platforms at that price but I can’t…

unobtainium……

none to be had.

I will also gladly pay 2.95 for a steak and lobster dinner but……

you get the idea.

Man, seems like there would be a market for this.

Akin to what BLuntech/IE sells for 2002s:

1655827356915.png

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, will ad my .02….

Does the seller state the trans is tested or rebuilt?
This along with the auctions for the seats and chrome bits last month have me shaking my head.

Looks like I am going to start digging I’m my stash…and quit selling individual parts for little money…..and figure out how to tap into this insanity.

Seems a MM 265 kit would be a better option if they still offer it.

Also, there are other trans available, maybe not with speedo but there are GPS options.

If I owned a CS street car, would certainly keep a 4 speed and change the diff to the easily found 3.25 gear. It is all about the gearing, right? Or maybe it is just being able to say, I have a 265…

Right now I have 4 265, 2 ZF 5 spd OD, 2 83/4 260, 2 86 up 260. Some are road tested….there is someone out there that emailed me about one recently, they are first.

Also am getting married next week so my response time is even worse than before….sorry.

Al Taylor
Al--Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Since today is my 53rd wedding anniversary, I can say with experience that almost all of the parts you mentioned above will be the endless topic of, "When are you going to sell this stuff?"

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
“kit”

AFAIK it was tested by a reputable shop in CA. I’m sending my dogleg there. He pulls the case apart, changes the seals, and checks for wear on critical parts.
Accurate.. It's the highly regarded Pete's Gear Shop. He has a process where he pulls it apart and does detailed internal measurements to discern wear and tear. He did my Dogleg 265/5. Takes him a bit to do it as he's thorough.

And since we're talking high-dollar transmissions, I STILL have my 265/5 CR box sitting on the shelf. Clean bill of health. Considering where this auction will end up - 10-11k, I'm seriously considering putting it on Bat now!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tyson,

there will probably be considerable interest with the e30 m3 special interest group. if you want to sell it or put it on BaT, i can post on the SIG and let them know its coming up.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tyson,

there will probably be considerable interest with the e30 m3 special interest group. if you want to sell it or put it on BaT, i can post on the SIG and let them know its coming up.
Thanks! If I get bored and want to deal with Bat, I'll let you know. Appreciate the offer.

Bavman

Reaction score
If I someday get this mazda rx8 6spd to work in my e9, I'll definitely will sell my 265 "kit" on BAT since it's 95% complete.

Man, things getting way expensive these days.
Hey now, want to hear more about this…Using the adapter from UK? I have a pretty good supply of 6 spds…

Al

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
He said the close ratio parts are getting hard to get which makes a box that's gone through his process that much more valuable. Including the one in the bat auction...

tygaboy

Reaction score
Glad I scored my 5-speed when I did. Even happier it received a clean bill of health while being installed by @sfdon and crew. But I'll take @tferrer 's comment about selling his trans one step further: Do I just sell my coupe? I sold my 1-year old 911 because I was too worried about driving it/value. I'm starting to get this vibe about the E9...

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad I scored my 5-speed when I did. Even happier it received a clean bill of health while being installed by @sfdon and crew. But I'll take @tferrer 's comment about selling his trans one step further: Do I just sell my coupe? I sold my 1-year old 911 because I was too worried about driving it/value. I'm starting to get this vibe about the E9...
Is that really a question? A resounding no..you just got it running! If you take your argument to its logical conclusion, where do you stop? When you're driving around in a 74 Pinto with bald tires and bad plugs? Life is to short to drive shitty cars!

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
We, at 2002s Only, are already working on this. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
I just looked at your 2002 site. Very cool. As having just put a deposit down on an 02, and having never owned one before, I'm currently consumed with all sites with 02 related stuff! It's a whole new world where parts are everywhere and you don't have to frequent dark alleys or German brothels trying to find that illicit dealer of D-jet parts!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I just looked at your 2002 site. Very cool. As having just put a deposit down on an 02, and having never owned one before, I'm currently consumed with all sites with 02 related stuff! It's a whole new world where parts are everywhere and you don't have to frequent dark alleys or German brothels trying to find that illicit dealer of D-jet parts!
Oh sure, the old "looking for D Jet parts" story...