FOR SALE STAGGERED ORIGINAL ALPINAS 16 x7 and 16 x 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Chris, A few guys do not agree...

"...it just seemed more polite for me to say "if it was a deal, they'd have sold".

I understand no buyers and I have no problem with that... But I was getting hammered with comments that the original Alpina wheels were over priced and other comments about how the Coupeking wheels are cheaper...

It is kind of like showing a guy a new SS Rolex @ $2,500 which is a great deal and having the guy say "yeah but I can buy a Seiko that looks exactly the same for $190"

This set on ebay is the only set of Staggered Alpinas offered anywhere for sale and they are damaged... The other guy told me when his Alpinas are finished he wants $3,000+ tax for that set... So just kinda posting a little reality check for the nay sayers...

Also the same argument "if it was a deal, they'd have sold"." would probably be used by some of the same guys about the GREAT PUMPKIN... The car sat for UNSOLD for six months at a GREAT price.

Last edited:

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If I had known the GREAT PUMPKIN was out there at that price and did not already have $20K sunk into a car that is more than 4 states away, plus a Bav in the garage to keep me from getting too big of a bank account and bored I would have picked it up in a second!

$2500 is spot-on for original and straight Staggered Alpinas.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would have bought the pumkin on the spot for $18k

for some reason I'd stopped monitoring Hemmings for E9's and used primarily this forum, the cca classifieds and a few search engines. My loss.

I'm going to be out there next weekend (TOaks on Friday afternoon, Irvine on Sat/Sun). Do you know of any CSL's for sale out there?

John

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You will just miss me!

for some reason I'd stopped monitoring Hemmings for E9's and used primarily this forum, the cca classifieds and a few search engines. My loss.

I'm going to be out there next weekend (TOaks on Friday afternoon, Irvine on Sat/Sun). Do you know of any CSL's for sale out there?

John

In Huntington Beach now, heading to San Franciscoon Monday...
Stan

pamp

Reaction score
Say hello to Mr. Lawrence. I will say this, if I lived local I would have snapped up those wheels just have a set in the stash. I will admit it, I am a E9 hoarder. The cars may not be appreciating but the parts sure have. Let me see....would I prefer a set of vintage hard to find original wheels or 10 red screw drivers....no brainer.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those $400 Alpinas are out there on some rusting 635 somewhere...just a CL ad away. Might be in Ohio, might be in Winnipeg.

snj5

Reaction score
Some of you will remember the song. :)

With apologies to Lamb Chop, Charlie Horse and Shari Lewis...

This is the thread that does not end
It goes on and on my friend
Somebody started posting here not knowing what it was
and now we'll keep on posting here forever just because

This is the thread that does not end...
:)

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score

On it's way to 3000 hits.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have a set of coupeking alloys - they look fine. would i rather have the real alpinas - sure. coupeking alpina style wheels cost around $1600 - w/o tires. if i didn't already have them ... i would have snapped Jeff's wheels up quickly. anybody that complains about the price should go buy a set of coupeking wheels or find a true set on CL from an e24 635, refinish them and buy good tires.

Jeff's price was reasonable - if you disagree, go buy whatever you want - or not.

cheers
scott

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

+1
...i've forgotten what was for sale here !
probably is time to move thisthread from here to the "general discussion":cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.