Front Seat Decorative Chrome Strip

Reaction score
Hi there. This is a bit of a long shot, but I was just wondering if anyone is selling or knows where I could buy the decorative chrome strip for the front seats of an E9 (Part No: 52101811716). I sent my seats to a re-trimmer but he took my money and failed to do any work on them. After one and a half years of excuses I had to take him to court to get my money and seats back. Unfortunately, although I got my seats back, various pieces of trim were missing and I've been unable to get these back. I'm based in the UK. Many thanks.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
i have a worn set of seats from my blue coupe.... those should have those strips. Maybe i can help ?

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Hello , sorry , i was forgotten as we went on 9 september for a 10 days Morgan rally in the Pyrenean ….
Can you show what pieces you need ?

PS and yes , my Morgan is also red :D

IMG_20180910_121751.jpg

Reaction score
That Morgan looks amazing. And so do the views! I've attached a couple of photos of the trim I'm missing. The third photo shows the trim on the side of the seat, wrapping around the back. There's one for each front seat and I'm just missing one. They look fine without it but I think it'll finish it off with the trim.

Attachments

• 01a74dd39ea3781a07cbff82a4c10eb052cb1efcaa.jpg
    01a74dd39ea3781a07cbff82a4c10eb052cb1efcaa.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 385
  • 019c6425e0f066b9c7d53c405b6a13016a56a0f7af.jpg
    019c6425e0f066b9c7d53c405b6a13016a56a0f7af.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 364
  • 1974-bmw-3-0cs-coupe-automatic-e9-08_original.jpg
    1974-bmw-3-0cs-coupe-automatic-e9-08_original.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 377

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Hi , i have here one seat with that trim a little bit damaged one side ….. the other seat is with a friend who's restoring a pickup and temporally used it to drive the car…. he no longer needs it and will bring it back. Hope that one has a perfect trim !
You may have them , you pay shipping. And i must look how to demount those…..
I come back here when the seat returns …. :)

Reaction score
Hi Barry. That would be amazing! Really appreciate your help. Just goes to show that there are many genuinely decent people out there! I'll look forward to hearing back when your seat returns. Thanks again.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Barry,

Assuming the seat is still as it was when the car was built, you need to pull the leather (or vinyl) covered back off the backrest. If I recall correctly, a couple of screws at the bottom, then pull it back and down. The decorative chrome strips are riveted to the fiberglass backrest. Get a small drill to remove the end of the rivets (better to be a bit too small, then get bigger than to use a drill bit that is too large). When the heads are all off, the chrome strips 'fall off'.

Gary

Last edited:

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
sorry for the delay... i was busy with the cars and forgot/posponed those seats…. cleaning up the barn today i found them and removed the trims.
They must have been demounted once in the past ( for recovering seats ? ) as the big holes were not used ( must be the old rivet holes as Gary kindly explained ) , but instead drilled with small ones next the oem holes and fixed with little screws .

They are in "used" state with little damage ... but can be polished i think/hope.... i'm not a expert in those fine repairs :)

As told , you may have them for free , can you arrange shipping ? It wil be a box of approx 65 x 50 x 15 cm !

SAM_2581.JPG

Reaction score
Hi Barry

That’s perfect. Really appreciate that. I’m away at the moment but back in just over a week’s time. When I’m back I’ll look into postage etc. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hi Barry. I'm back home now and can arrange the postage. Do you know the approximate weight of the box? Also, the collection address. I can then arrange collection. Many thanks.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Hi , i will (hope) make a "box" tomorrow and weight it.... those trims weight almost nothing :)
I will bring them to my ex-company , over there is always somebody during "working" hours…. here at home it's more likely nobody is home when they collect...

i come back on it !

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
Hello , your Christmas gift is ready ! :D

Package is 70 x 50 x 20 cm
Weight is 1.6 kg
Collect adress :
Van de Walle Apparatenbouw bvba
Durmelaan 12
9880 AALTER
Belgium

PS i made the box out of a old W&N one…. you may keep the box :)

SAM_2595.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks Barry. Really appreciated. Great tree too! A lot more impressive than mine! Just sorting out collection. The courier requires your surname, email and telephone number too, so if you could message me those details that would be great :)