FS: Golde wind deflector reproduction

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if only i had a sunroof on my coupe ... i could put this on it. wait a minute, my car isn't painted yet ... i could find a roof with a sunroof in it, install that on my coupe ... then paint it. oops, i just woke up from this nightmare ... not gonna do it, i want my coupe out of the paint shop.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if only i had a sunroof on my coupe ... i could put this on it. wait a minute, my car isn't painted yet ... i could find a roof with a sunroof in it, install that on my coupe ... then paint it. oops, i just woke up from this nightmare ... not gonna do it, i want my coupe out of the paint shop.
I want pictures in the new paint!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

There is a sunroof skin within a few hundred miles from you. Just sayin...

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well for anyone who DOES have a sunroof and likes to drive with it open occasionally, if you buy and install this Golde repro kit from Stan, the only negative will be your thoughts of "WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER".

Gary

skb

Reaction score
Hi Stan,
I have a 1970 2800 CS, and would love a sunroof wind deflector. Can you email me how to get one from you?
My email: [email protected]

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought Stan's deflector last year for my '72 2002 I've owned since new. Then I bought the Coupe with a sunroof last December. Getting the car sorted at The Creative Workshop near my home in Ft.Lauderdale,I saw they were restoring a '79 Porsche with the Golde deflector. After they got my sunroof working correctly,Stan's deflector was installed. The pics below show the Porsche and my Coupe with the sunroof opened. Stan's deflector looks and operates like the original Golde.

Attachments

• IMG_7747.JPG
    IMG_7747.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_7750.JPG
    IMG_7750.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_7751.JPG
    IMG_7751.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 302

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2/9/2020
Will sell parts or kits.
Installation instructions come with it
$410.00 for the kit shipped to continental USA. Additional postage needed for out of country and Hawaii

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went for a ride early this morning on an Interstate. Windows up and the sunroof open and Stan's deflector up. No wind in my hair at 80 in 5th gear. The tach read 3500RPM. Then decided to close the sunroof and pushed it up to 100 MPH at 4000 RPM. No need for a deflector at triple- digit speeds.....

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your patience. The last parts for the sunroof kits have arrived and when I return from business travel I will be assembling and sending kits out to all who have ordered them .

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
6 more kits are available now July 9, 2020
2 went out yesterday. I have the parts for 4 more coming.
My nephew is thinking of selling his business which will put a kink in production.