FS: Reproduction Tail Light Lenses

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am confused too. By his advertising, I would have thought the same. But, I have come to believe it is a one man shop and he is accustomed to molding tail lights of simpler design. At one point he told me that once out of the mold, the lens needed to be set on a jig for final shaping which was (apparently) more time consuming than he had planned. He said that he was the only one who could do it at his shop.
Since he is on the other side of the planet, I can't just walk in and check
Stan ,
First and foremost I really appreciate you doing this for the board members! Even if you make some money on this it’s ok! since you are putting your time in it and have the unique contact for making these lenses ! Supply and demand dictate the price they say ...
But I have a question or two for you.

If I say I will order two sets at $350 a set , does that mean all people who have been waiting for their lenses(including me ) get dropped from the waiting list? If not then would you fill the order for the $200 crowd first before the $350 order batch? I guess you don’t know until you ask the supplier ! So then what happens to people that order lenses for $350 and waiting too long and not getting the lenses and then get dropped off because they found something else or sold their E9’s . What happens then to your order that you paid to him for ?
I am sorry I hope I am not confusing you !

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had no idea how much time this would take. I like doing it to help the other member. I do make very little and would make much more working a couple extra hours in my profession of pharmacy. That said, it is about the camaraderie, I have shared a beer with over 50 Ep Board members from coast to coast and Hawaii and consider all of you my friends.

Now to your math problem; The simple answer would be, if enough people responded telling me they would pay $350, I would ask the manufacturer if that would speed up the process. The list would remain in the same order and those not wishing to participate at the new price would be dropped off. Right now I have over 65 unfulfilled orders.

e9chris

Reaction score
I had no idea how much time this would take. I like doing it to help the other member. I do make very little and would make much more working a couple extra hours in my profession of pharmacy. That said, it is about the camaraderie, I have shared a beer with over 50 Ep Board members from coast to coast and Hawaii and consider all of you my friends.

Now to your math problem; The simple answer would be, if enough people responded telling me they would pay $350, I would ask the manufacturer if that would speed up the process. The list would remain in the same order and those not wishing to participate at the new price would be dropped off. Right now I have over 65 unfulfilled orders.

Hi Stan,

Pleasure to meet you and see all of the contributions you have made to the community. I’m a new member who just joined. I recently acquired a 1970 CS that needs some restoration and was hoping you were still building a list for replacement lenses. Th thread is a little old, so I understand if you’re not. I just need to get my rear lights re-chromed and the lenses replaced.

Thanks in advance for your help!

skb

Reaction score
Hi Stan,
I assume I'm still on the list; they look INCREDIBLE!
Steve Benirschke

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tail light update: A lot of you may be wondering about status of production. I was too. Looking out the window this morning at a blanket of fresh snow, it is hard to imagine that it is mid summer in Australia. In a note received yesterday, the guy who makes the lenses told me...
I’m running behind on orders at present. Its been a very hot December/January here and it limits

The time per day available to cast the resins, we don’t run air conditioning in the factory
Also our reject rate has increased with the heat.
We are expecting cooler weather as of this week into next week, so this will help

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First off, Stan Thanks! I did get a set of lenses from you and they are awesome, to the manufacturing issue; maybe the supplier in Australia could send all the stuff to make these to someone in a cooler climate, something like New Hampshire :cool: , then you could just remit a royalty to him... Just sayin'

Attachments

• tail lights.jpg
    tail lights.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 174
  • tail lights2.jpg
    tail lights2.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 175