FS: Reproduction Tail Light Lenses

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tail light update: A lot of you may be wondering about status of production. I was too. Looking out the window this morning at a blanket of fresh snow, it is hard to imagine that it is mid summer in Australia. In a note received yesterday, the guy who makes the lenses told me...
I’m running behind on orders at present. Its been a very hot December/January here and it limits

The time per day available to cast the resins, we don’t run air conditioning in the factory
Also our reject rate has increased with the heat.
We are expecting cooler weather as of this week into next week, so this will help

A true cottage business. They make fantastic reproductions of all types.

Sometimes you just have to wait.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
First off, Stan Thanks! I did get a set of lenses from you and they are awesome, to the manufacturing issue; maybe the supplier in Australia could send all the stuff to make these to someone in a cooler climate, something like New Hampshire :cool: , then you could just remit a royalty to him... Just sayin'
Or I could go to Australia to learn how he does it and write off as a business expense. But then I would need to start a business...

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another delivery happening soon
I have reached out to the next guys on the list but if I do not hear back, I drop down to the next on the list

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello, if it is possible, I will add my name to the list for a kit of new lenses for a 2800 cs.
Thank you
Stefano

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stefano, is your 2800cs an early red turn signal car or an amber turn signal car? that will make a difference to Stan

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt answer, I am nearly sure they are amber: I have to control if I have a photo, since the car is far away from me, and for this Covid issue I can not leave Milan [emoji20].
Tell me how many time you can wait: if I have to be very fast, I can send the garage’s key to a person where the car is now, and get a photo!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
most 2800cs have amber turn signals ... only very early ones had red turn signals. @Stan will have to tell you how long the waiting list is, but it could take a while. they are very excellent quality ... worth waiting for. take care in Milano

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
most 2800cs have amber turn signals ... only very early ones had red turn signals. @Stan will have to tell you how long the waiting list is, but it could take a while. they are very excellent quality ... worth waiting for. take care in Milano

My car is MY 1969, let’s see what Stan will say, and thank you for your good wishes: hope the whole world will get out soon of this tragedy.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i am not familiar with the idiosyncratic differences between US / German + Italian 2800cs. Italy had some differences that nobody else had. a few early USA 2800cs had red turn signals ... our friend Murray Fowler's early 2800cs had red turn signals and a few others have as well. i cannot guarantee that, its just what i have seen. we know that most 2000cs had red turn signals (perhaps all) unless they were subsequently changed. this is also true of other european car manufacturers - many british cars had red turn signals until the 1970 model year ... although there are some anomalies like the '67 austin healey 3000 - jag e types stayed red until after 1969 (not sure exactly when - probably the mk3)

looking at alfa romeo - the 69's had red turn signals + the 70 had amber ... at least the pictures that i have seen. regardless, you need to PM Stan and get on his list, you can change / specify the turn signal color at a later date

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I will do it, thank you! Meanwhile, I have found a photo where the car shows to have amber turn lenses. I think that the car should have also rear fog light close to the plate, like the one in the picture: is it possible to have also this lens?
Adjustments.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Go to the first page of this thread to see pictures.
I will put you on the list Stefano. Conventional arrangements, amber turn indicators, red brake lights, clear backup lights.
I do not make the euro fog light lens but I think Dan Kuturov does.

Stefano_b

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello Stan, I already have seen pictures: very very good quality! Thank you for adding me! Meanwhile, I got the photos from a friend: no fog light, my memory misfired :).
190cf8a1-f3c7-4463-92f6-26fd87d5ccd2.jpg

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
doesn't look like you have the rear fog light hole in your rear panel. many euro cars have them but not all. perhaps others with early euro cars (earlier than '71) can chime in whether their cars came with a fog light. if yours is a MY '69, what is the VIN?

drhodgie

Reaction score
Hi Stan
Put me down for a clear lefthand backup lens. I am changing over a Fench style.
Thanks