Getting going on Alpina B2S tribute.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
correct... heaps of ratios.

and the drexler aftermarket lsd... all bolt in, drexler you may need to have the drive flanges drilled, as they may need to bolt in for drexler, but am confirming,, not a big mod regardless....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
correct... heaps of ratios.

and the drexler aftermarket lsd... all bolt in, drexler you may need to have the drive flanges drilled, as they may need to bolt in for drexler, but am confirming,, not a big mod regardless....

@HB Chris I would like to add a differential FAQ to our wish list. :D

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
All this diff info is very interesting @daicos35

It does confirm some suspicion for me with regards to interchangeablity. I recently bought a 3.07 sideloader from an E12 m535 only to remove it and find a 10 bolt clip on diff w/ 3.25 ratios.

Hopefully this opens up some avenues with regards to finding more affordable, later model diffs to use in our cars

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
nosmonkey, let me start by saying that is a great handle...

That late sideloader , is what i have, it comes standard with a 10 bolt/m12 ""carrier"", lsd or open, and slide in flanges.

Only a sideloader can be used in the e9, but this late diff, allows you to swap any crown wheel and pinion ratio, from the later ""rearloader", diff, used in teh e28/e30/e32/e34..

As an example, I have just sourced another 3.64 crownwheel and pinion, to use in my second late sideloader, from an e32 rearlaoder diff.. same 10 blot/ m12 gear set.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Finishing the early alpina chin spoiler today.. will take some pics when mounted..

Shipped from germany in 2 pieces, with a brace to glue it back together!

Attachments

• spoiler.jpg
    spoiler.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 323

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finishing the early alpina chin spoiler today.. will take some pics when mounted..

Shipped from germany in 2 pieces, with a brace to glue it back together!

The only game in town. It's on my short list...

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
spoiler mounted.. note, one side with rubber sleeve, other side without.. not sure is the rubber sealing looks better or not, any thoughts?

Overall, v pleased..

Attachments

• IMG_8165.jpg
    IMG_8165.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_8168.jpg
    IMG_8168.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_8172.jpg
    IMG_8172.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_8173.jpg
    IMG_8173.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 290

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
He will ship it to you split. brace to re attach works well , I used 2 stainless rods, which i encased in an expoxy bath, using bluetac to create the walls, so it could dry.

I mounted the two sides separately first, as it turns out, I needed about a 3mm gap in between the 2 pieces, to make it fit better.

Needed about a day of patient work, sanded the lip that attaches to the valance underneath, to match (some variation there), and sanded one side of the spoiler, toward the top corner , to get it to sit better etc etc.

So definitely some fine tuning needed, but all hand sanding, nothing major.

Heavy construction, thick glass all around, hard to avoid minor gaps around the valance, as it goes up around the corners, but this it not unlike original, or csl spoiler.

I have used a thin rubber, to fill those gaps, but may still remove it, as gaps are vv minor.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
KW coilovers arrived from RAAB Motorsports in Germany..

Spoken about by others on the site.

Use the original rubber upper strut bearings - no camber adjustment, but am pairing with carl nelson fixed camber plates, so a middle ground between the hard core, integrated adjustable camber plate coilovers, that basically bolt straight to the strut mount.

Rears are not height adjustable, but like the look of the rear stance it provides regardless.

I will purchase a standard height rear upper rubber shock mount (28mm i think), and a high one (38mm), if i want to mess with rear ride height.

Interior now basically stripped out - some of the sound proofing left to do.

I can only do that one hour at a time.... is a horrible job!

Car heading to mechanics to remove running gear next week, onto a rolling jig, then off to the body/paint mob...

Will keep you up with pics of bodywork.

Cheers,

Mike

Attachments

• kw.jpg
    kw.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 237
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 251

JamesE30

Reaction score
KW coilovers arrived from RAAB Motorsports in Germany..

Spoken about by others on the site.

Use the original rubber upper strut bearings - no camber adjustment, but am pairing with carl nelson fixed camber plates, so a middle ground between the hard core, integrated adjustable camber plate coilovers, that basically bolt straight to the strut mount.

Rears are not height adjustable, but like the look of the rear stance it provides regardless.

I will purchase a standard height rear upper rubber shock mount (28mm i think), and a high one (38mm), if i want to mess with rear ride height.

Interior now basically stripped out - some of the sound proofing left to do.

I can only do that one hour at a time.... is a horrible job!

Car heading to mechanics to remove running gear next week, onto a rolling jig, then off to the body/paint mob...

Will keep you up with pics of bodywork.

Cheers,

Mike

Nice one!

Great to see another set of Raab KW Coilovers out there, I also have a set for my own B2 project!
Keep up the good work, enjoying seeing the updates on this while my project sits in standby.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Front window quarter? Fix up.
New rubber, new channels, new platic cap thingy at top of channel. Clean and polish. Getting rubber back in was fiddly but all in all, pretty simple. Even for me. Its just time. Like slow cooking, very rewarding.

Attachments

• C872175F-A789-4223-98F4-C6D594BB194D.jpeg
    C872175F-A789-4223-98F4-C6D594BB194D.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 168

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Guys, has anyone had first hand experience of the fit/finish of the reproduction alloy boots / bonnets being sold by Walloth and Nesch?

I am told they are sourced from Poland?

My steel boot is not good, will be as much as 30 hours to fix, so thinking about boot at least.... unless I can find a guaranteed rust free steel one.

Regards,

Mike

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Didn’t know W&N was selling these. Looks like they are picking up more parts from some of the newer boutique shops. Good to see!