Motorsport

Site Donor
Reaction score
The B pillar delete is simply amazing.
2800 CS1.jpg
2800 CS2.jpg

Gerrit

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures: I am a big fan of those early (73-75) deep dish BBS wheels. Those were made at the Mahle factory (a german piston manufacturer) and according to internal assesments at BMW were of better foundry quality than the Alpinas of that time.

Motorsport

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is a 1969 so I thought the wheels to be almost period correct. There is some texture on the finish for the un-polished set of wheels, same which won't be noticed from the distance.Mahle.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car is a 1969 so I thought the wheels to be almost period correct. There is some texture on the finish for the un-polished set of wheels, same which won't be noticed from the distance.View attachment 160210

FYI - A lot of people have Mahle wheels but yours are definitely period, rather hard to come by, and IMO special. They aren’t the rarest early castings but they are second generation Mahles. Most people have ET11 BBS Mahle wheels, or late model BBS ET9 Mahles with a KBA #. Yours are older than that. See the very informative post here from @2275xxx.

Yours are iteration #2:

gwittman

Reaction score
If it is a 69, the taillights must have been replaced at some time. I am pretty sure all the early 2800CS had red turn signals. I remember Murry Fowler telling me to guard those red turn signal taillights because they are hard to find.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If it is a 69, the taillights must have been replaced at some time. I am pretty sure all the early 2800CS had red turn signals. I remember Murry Fowler telling me to guard those red turn signal taillights because they are hard to find.
well, if you really want red turn indicator lenses...i know a guy...

Wbs

Reaction score
Looks great, amber rear turn signals are a European item. Red turn signals are north American spec

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI - A lot of people have Mahle wheels but yours are definitely period, rather hard to come by, and IMO special. They aren’t the rarest early castings but they are second generation Mahles. Most people have ET11 BBS Mahle wheels, or late model BBS ET9 Mahles with a KBA #. Yours are older than that. See the very informative post here from @2275xxx.

Yours are iteration #2:

These wheels were on my CSL when I bought it in the mid/late 80's. They had (and still have) the XWX's on them. The dish is nice looking for a 7" wheel

BMW Mahle wheels (2).jpg
Period pic of my CSL_1991.jpg

gwittman

Reaction score
Looks great, amber rear turn signals are a European item. Red turn signals are north American spec
I thought about that, but he mentioned something about considering removing the side reflectors and since that is a North American spec it would have had American spec taillights. I don't think the amber turn signals look bad, they just don't seem original. Then again, if he wants to remove the side reflectors, the amber lights should look more correct.

I tend to like things as the came from the factory in my vintage cars. I also run Weber carburetors in my Coupe, so I am not a purist.