Hello from Brazil, with a 2800CS

Henderson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

About me:
I'm Henderson , an "old bimmer"maniac. I always saw e9coupe.com when I was looking for things to my 2800CS 1971, and before that, when I was look for some picture in the Google.

So now I could register myself here.

In Brazil is very hard to keep (and to buy) olds BMWs, but I got some specimens (E9 2800, E10 1802, E30 325e, E34 525i), if I can, maybe comes an E24 (who knows? :wink:). Parts to those cars, only bring from USA or Europe. But it's the price of a dream.

A little about the car:
It was under a cover for many years, was red. Last owner think was better paint it with a black color (I don't know why...), but if it is black, stay black.

The car was almost completely disassembled to receive a new paint. After paint it, the owner sold to me (before assembly). Many parts need repair or to be changed (like a leather, dashboard parts, wood side panel,...)

So, I got a "puzzle".

I like (and prefer) originals cars, but a black E9 with a red interior, and with a set of BBS RS... is very very nice. I'm thinking about yet.

So, sorry if there are many mistakes in the text, but I'm a Brasilian guy with no much English understanding.

Henderson

SicilianE9

Reaction score
Welcome!

I see thta you are facing quite some challenges but at least you are going to have some fun with your puzzle and this forum to transfer you the know how you will need to complete your car.
Any photos?
Best regards

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello Barzil. Welcome. Love to see photos of your ambitious projects. Your English is fine.

We speak the same language: BMW

Steve

Henderson

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Follow some pictures when the car has come.
It cames with almost all parts in the trunk and in some boxes.
A new front bumper (with a nice chrome) I bougth yerterday.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 345
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 298

Henderson

Reaction score
The rest of the pictures:

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 295
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 313

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
In North America, cars like that are called barn Finds. That looks like a Cave find. If the structure is sound, you can always buy a rusted out donor car in the Eastern USA and ship the parts to Brazil. Good luck with the project.

Henderson

Reaction score
Thanks people.

VIN 2270088

I just registred in this site, but was recently - it's waiting for approval.

Someone can help find his history? I think original color was red (or Malaga) 1971 (docs in Brazil can be wrong some time, can be 1 year difference).