Hello From Seattle-Knives Out 1972 E9 CSi

rschick

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and just purchased the 1972 BMW CSi that was in the Golden Globe and Academy Award nominated film Knives Out. Actor Chris Evans drove this BMW in the film. It has factory installed power windows, AC and Blue Velour Seats. This is my first vintage BMW. I also own a 2014 535D xDrive.

iphone knives out.jpg
iphone front.jpg
iphone back.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Most excellent, welcome, lots of knowledge here to help you enjoy the ride. One of these days I'll see the movie!

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome. Contact Forum member @Hans W. who has original Nardi hubs. Click on his name and start a conversation.

Keshav

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome- You may have a good mechanic, if not, I know, raced and had my Dinah BMW 750iL serviced with Andrew Newell. He owns Strictly BMW, in Bellevue. He runs a high quality shop. Mention my name, Michael Shulman.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi @rschick,

Thanks for joining. What a funny coincidence running into you. I never see any coupes in "the wild". After explaining to my mother what "Knives Out" was, we ended up watching it last night because she thought it looked interesting. Good flick, and more "coupe time" than most films. I don't really use mechanics so I can't help in that regard, but I can point you to some Seattle folks that can steer you in the right direction.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome. There are a few of us coupe owners up here in the north end. We do periodically do some local day trips (usually in the north end of the State). PM me and I can add you our list (if you are not already included). We can get from 7-9 coupes on these rallies. Due for one this Spring.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck with your coupe! I enjoyed the film, the e9 was the star as far as I'm concerned.
john

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to the Pacific Northwest coupe owners group. It is getting increasingly difficult to find independent shops that are able to maintain and repair these now quite old cars. There are a few in the area, however and Strictly is certainly one of them. Hope to meet you and see your car in person sometime soon.

rschick

Reaction score
Beautiful CSI. May I ask how you came about the purchase? Guess what I’m watching tonite?
Sorry for the late reply. I had the COVID-19 and was out for two weeks. I have been searching for a 3.0 CSI for awhile now, but over the last 3 years have kind of put that on hold. My wife and I were seeing the move Midway and a Knives Our preview came on with the CSI in it. I told her I have always wanted that car so I got home and started searching for 3.0's for sale. I came across only 1 in the US and it was at Copley Motors and come to find out was the one if the not released yet movie. We agreed upon a price and then I had an inspection done in Boston. Once the movie was released there were 15 other people wanting to buy the car but because I had an inspection done on it I got right of first refusal. I bought it and had it shipped here and now it sits in my garage. Crazy story : )

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi @rschick,

So glad to hear that you came out on top! Talk soon!

Sorry for the late reply. I had the COVID-19 and was out for two weeks. I have been searching for a 3.0 CSI for awhile now, but over the last 3 years have kind of put that on hold. My wife and I were seeing the move Midway and a Knives Our preview came on with the CSI in it. I told her I have always wanted that car so I got home and started searching for 3.0's for sale. I came across only 1 in the US and it was at Copley Motors and come to find out was the one if the not released yet movie. We agreed upon a price and then I had an inspection done in Boston. Once the movie was released there were 15 other people wanting to buy the car but because I had an inspection done on it I got right of first refusal. I bought it and had it shipped here and now it sits in my garage. Crazy story : )

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wow ... glad you beat it and its a great story, that ends with a cool coupe, that was prominent in a decent movie, that's in your garage. now you need to get its soulmate, the one that was in the art of racing in the rain

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, that is great!
I live in Kirkland
I take my driver BMW to Signature BMW about a mile from my house and have always been happy with them
The owner there, Rick told me he has worked on E9s, he has been around quite a while
I am almost done rebuilding mine, down to replating almost every nut so if you want advice on something give me a PM

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Way glad you’re good!!!