Hello From Seattle-Knives Out 1972 E9 CSi

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
now you need to get its soulmate, the one that was in the art of racing in the rain

Interestingly enough that one was also from the PNW. A member here sold it to Disney. That one wasn’t nearly as nice as this one, and the PO would confirm.

Mark Jarman

Reaction score
RSchick -

Congrats on your purchase. I also live in the Seattle metro area and I'm in the process of of reassembling my coupe after a new paint job. I'm amazed at how many E9 owners live in our neck of the woods. It would be fun to have an informal get together buzzing over the North Cascades highway or something sometime.

Here is an additional idea for a mechanic resource if your looking for them.

Group 2 Motor Sport - Group 2 is located in the Ballard/Magnolia area. The owner of the shop is very personable and an enthusiast. They work on 2002s, E9s as well as more current day BMWs. I have had them do work on my E39.

This user forum is awesome. If you aren't a gear head and simply enjoy driving the car my advice is to learn all about the ins and outs of your car on this forum so you can be your own best advocate when paying a professional to do any work on the car.

If you haven't already discovered this resource, www.wallothnesch.com is a great resource for parts.

Enjoy!

Mark

SkiFast

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Site Donor
Reaction score
Team Seattle, I'm new to the site and just bought a trailer full of a dissaembled E9 (resting over a decade). I'm about two weeks into a ground up and will need some local wisdom at some point. I live in Lake Forest Park. Which is an open invitation to swing by and heckle, conjole, tease, and pity me! RSCHICK, would love to see the car sometime! I'm happy to host a socially correct 'cars & cocktail' hour for the local E-9er's.

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@rschick congrats on the purchase of a special car, and you're in great company up in the Seattle area. Get close to those guys, they're great fellows and have excellent knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Team Seattle, I'm new to the site and just bought a trailer full of a dissaembled E9 (resting over a decade). I'm about two weeks into a ground up and will need some local wisdom at some point. I live in Lake Forest Park. Which is an open invitation to swing by and heckle, conjole, tease, and pity me! RSCHICK, would love to see the car sometime! I'm happy to host a socially correct 'cars & cocktail' hour for the local E-9er's.
I live in Kirkland, other the last 5 years I have sourced and fondled just about every part on the car so if you need any advice you can give me a call, send me a PM