Malaga Coupe

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dick
I understand. I am just not sure if I am ready to take the chance that I might give it away. There is a newer one on BaT right now with more than twice the miles that I am watching to see what it brings. The Grand Wagoneer market seems to be softening.
Thx, Dan
I've loved those Grand Wagoneers since the 1980's. Milestone SUVs.

There are 3 on BaT now

Results for 290 of them

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've loved those Grand Wagoneers since the 1980's. Milestone SUVs.

There are 3 on BaT now

Results for 290 of them

I have had a Grand Wagoneer and now have a 77 Wagoneer, 77 Chief, and the 85 Wagoneer Limited which is the XJ model based on the Cherokee pics below
80AA529D-4121-4928-8B51-1DEE561C158C.jpeg33FFF769-1F7F-483F-AB42-6CE0E8368931.jpeg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No, No, Stan, the washer fluid is, "reportedly original from the dealer. As are the matching wipers."

jmackro

Reaction score
My experience with selling (and watching) cars on BaT is that there is no other venue that will bring the prices that BaT gets. The only exceptions might be a couple of inebriated rich guys at a big name in person auction with a trophy gal that is easily impressed

Yes, and the big-name auction company will still have a multi-week (month?) lead time, since they need to publish a catalog and only have so many events each year. And unless you're selling a 7 figure Ferrari/Bugatti/etc., the big-name auction company will take a lot more than 5%.

You've got to hand it to BaT; they have a great business model.

Good luck with the sale Chris - this will be the end of an era.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, more than a month after Chris submitted pictures. Is this how it goes with BAT?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, more than a month after Chris submitted pictures. Is this how it goes with BAT?

At least a mont, seems like it took forever for my euro e24 to go live. What's funny is they told me they would give me a heads up a few days before it went live. Then one day I'm browsing BaT and, BOOM, there's my car. The email saying the auction started came a couple hours later. I was lucky, my auction ended on a Friday around lunch. The perfect time in my opinion.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It has been almost a month since I was accepted and three days ago ago they said I was close to getting their write-up which I have to approve. It then takes another month I think before it is Live. Seems like forever! It was almost sold a month ago but the deal fell through, someone here must know someone looking for a coupe!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It has been almost a month since I was accepted and three days ago ago they said I was close to getting their write-up which I have to approve. It then takes another month I think before it is Live. Seems like forever! It was almost sold a month ago but the deal fell through, someone here must know someone looking for a coupe!

Personally I think you missed the window, and should hang onto it until next spring.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Personally I think you missed the window, and should hang onto it until next spring.
From a "time of year" standpoint, I agree. It's difficult to live in SoCal and visualize what collector cars and car guys are doing during the winter in Minnesota ;). Also, if investments (stock market, real estate) continue to tank, collector car values may also (yes, even collector cars :().

However, if you've already agreed on a reserve that works for you, then these factors are immaterial. Let it run. The worst that can happen is that you still have another beautiful car in the fleet for a while longer.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
if the reserve is where it should be, let it run ... this is one of the best known coupes that will be on the market this year ... timing should not matter. i have ridden in this coupe and have seen it multiple times. it is excellent ... with the photos that will be presented it should achieve incredible numbers. that's my humble opinion. this is a coupe that no longer competes due to fairness ... to allow other people to win. if somebody is in the market to buy a GREAT quality coupe - sent Chris a PM and buy it ... you won't find an equal quality coupe for any price ... it won't be inexpensive, but it is quality

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
From a "time of year" standpoint, I agree. It's difficult to live in SoCal and visualize what collector cars and car guys are doing during the winter in Minnesota ;). Also, if investments (stock market, real estate) continue to tank, collector car values may also (yes, even collector cars :().

However, if you've already agreed on a reserve that works for you, then these factors are immaterial. Let it run. The worst that can happen is that you still have another beautiful car in the fleet for a while longer.

I think that depends on whether you want a RNM under your belt. Not trying to be a pessimist, but the most well cared for coupes never seem to get what they are worth. Instead we see tarts with mediocre paint and incorrect interiors perform well.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that depends on whether you want a RNM under your belt. Not trying to be a pessimist, but the most well cared for coupes never seem to get what they are worth. Instead we see tarts with mediocre paint and incorrect interiors perform well.
The more shades of Polaris, the higher the number! I learned that in one of my microeconomics courses.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And if the bidding gets close enough to Chris's reserve BaT will make him whole, his coupe will sell and the RNM disappears. It happened two weeks ago for a buddy and his all original, low mileage 2002. The car "sold" for $xx,xxx. BaT made him whole with a check for $x,xxx to meet his reserve. He had his reserve price, BaT chalks up another sale rather than a slightly negative RNM. Everyone is happy. Apparently more common than I realized.