Malaga Coupe

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats Chris! I was nervous without skin in the game, can’t imagine what your emotions are/were.
Am I the only one who feels like its sort of an end of an era here on e9coupe.com?

His White E9 starts a new era. It's like when Gandalf came back as a White Wizard in Lord of the Rings.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congratulations Chris! You are fortunate to already have a new project to aid/distract letting your beautiful Malaga go.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My request was $150, they countered at $130 and I got them up to $135 so I was a bit worried. It sold for close to my initial number so I am not looking back. Six months ago it would have gone higher I think. They are wiring funds tomorrow for their client, whomever he is. Firm handling sale is a large Century City Business Management company, there were four people on their e-mail!

Cheers!
46EC5874-6CD4-4F75-9415-211082AF6F68.jpeg

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OMG so stressful. Glad it is over and THANK YOU for all the great pictures. Now I know how everything should look. I learned so much from the pictures and added many things to my "to do list" when I retire next year. One of the really cool things was picture 184 the Center Chrome Hub Cap cover on the spare. I hope you do not mind me stealing this idea. On the hunt for a cheap one if anyone has one. I see them on e-bay for $45
1666738884372.png
1666738884372.png

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am raising a glass, facing west towards Huntingtin Beach. Congrats Chris! I look forward to seeing the Chamonix in person soon.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good number, Chris. I agree. 6 months ago and perhaps timed heading into spring, you would have garnered maybe 30-40k more but as they say, onwards and upwards. You still have the many lessons learned to take into the next project.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like it is going to Austin, Texas. I have his handlers to ask him to join the Forum, we shall see.

The Chamonix coupe will stay a carbed 3.0 with a five speed, nothing fancy just very original. It needs, paint, chrome and leather, now I can afford to take my time and finish it properly.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing another beautiful 3.0 on the road again!

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Congratulations Chris. If you’re like me, you probably didn’t get a full nights sleep last night. I’m really glad you got near your number. The stock Chamonix is going to be great and beautiful. I had a blast in mine following you for 460 miles just ten days ago.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks like it is going to Austin, Texas. I have his handlers to ask him to join the Forum, we shall see.wi

The Chamonix coupe will stay a carbed 3.0 with a five speed, nothing fancy just very original. It needs, paint, chrome and leather, now I can afford to take my time and finish it properly.
Well done, Chris! That was a masterful job with your continual postings on BaT. It was a fun auction to watch and very educational. Enjoy finishing your Chamonix & we look forward to seeing you on the road.

Cheers!
- Tom

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My request was $150, they countered at $130 and I got them up to $135 so I was a bit worried. It sold for close to my initial number so I am not looking back. Six months ago it would have gone higher I think. They are wiring funds tomorrow for their client, whomever he is. Firm handling sale is a large Century City Business Management company, there were four people on their e-mail!

Cheers!
View attachment 150602
Hi Chris, will you please share and explain me your experience I have 3- E9 that soon I have to post it one by one on BAT and I never sold anything with BAT how this transaction works you get paid first then send your title to them or how do they trust that large amount to give you without anything in there hand is BAT getting involve for smooth transaction

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
@HB Chris congrats on the auction! I am CERTAIN you would have gotten ~10-15% more if the photography looked more like this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-3-0csi-29/. The harsh sunlight directly overhead didn't do you any favors imo.
Candidly, I was tempted to put a bid in as I think it is clearly the best e9 out there imo.
@Candia4441 I have had success selling on BAT.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@HB Chris congrats on the auction! I am CERTAIN you would have gotten ~10-15% more if the photography looked more like this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-bmw-3-0csi-29/. The harsh sunlight directly overhead didn't do you any favors imo.
Candidly, I was tempted to put a bid in as I think it is clearly the best e9 out there imo.
@Candia4441 I have had success selling on BAT.
I agreed picture is very important when this Gorgeous Malaga sold with that price what will sale my Malaga or my Blue one I don't think I get even 100K I think 1st is picture and 2nd is 3 E9 at the same time and bidder have a choice, there is not many E9 but there is not many buyer for old cars either like my wife she don't even like to ride on my old cars

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Cheers!
View attachment 150602
Chris, i think you need a much bigger glass ... or something a bit stronger. onward + upward

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score