Murray

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Murray passed away this morning at 6:15 peacefully. I saw him yesterday and he could barely whisper. Even though we all knew this day was coming I am still at a loss for words. He was a good friend and a mentor to many of us, he is the reason I bought my coupe eight years ago. Rest in Peace my friend, your contributions to this community are many and your memory will endure.

Services will be held next weekend in Irvine, I will post details when they are available. He leaves his wife Beatriz, sons Dave and Jeff and daughter Missy and several grandchildren.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
rest in peace
blessings
my actual front grilles once belonged to murray´s blumax
221220124766_zpsb24945a7.jpg

you were really carved out on one piece

Last edited:

SHIMBIMMER

Reaction score
So sad...

He was always so very kind to me over email - even though I never had what I can only consider an absolute pleasure to have personally met him.

My sincerest condolences to those of you who were his friend and family. I am very sorry for your loss.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've never met Murray but feel I know him though our mutual coupe interest and this forum. Im sure the line of E9 gods are guiding him to coupe heaven. THANK YOU Murray. You will be missed and remembered always. Rest in peace.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This is how I will remember our good friend Murray, full of life and enjoying a drive in his beloved Blumax.

Attachments

• img021.jpg
    img021.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 277

pamp

Reaction score
The godfather

Thanks for all you have done, Chris. Loss for words myself. A legend in his own time and how many can wish for that? I feel very fortunate to have spent some time with the man and to share in his passion. Spirited ride in the "blumax" and all I could think of at the time was that my claim to fame would to be in the car if we got taken out on the '405! (that man could drive!)

Attachments

• 100_1676.jpg
    100_1676.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 229

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A quick call to him about a part he was selling once turned into an hour long conversation. Regret not being able to meet him in person. Very sorry to hear of his passing. Glad he had you there with him Chris. His spirit lives on.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
My memory of Murray will be from a coupe cruise in 2002 or 2003; Blumax was my favorite by far, and that was with Paul Cain's and Merdad's coupes in attendance. He could also drive the heck out of it too! RIP.

Dave L

Reaction score
This makes me sad. I was just thinking of him and I logged in and read the posting. I will get back to work on my own 70' 2800cs in honor of Murray.

Dave L
Orange, CA

jhjacobs

Reaction score
We'll all miss Murray. He was a giant on the community. I had the good fortune to spend time with him on several occasions for both business and pleasure. My favorite time was about two years ago when I made it to LA for cars and coffee. Murray picked me up at my hotel in BluMax. As we tooled down the highway to the gathering at about 90mph, Murray told me the story of BluMax's precision engine tuning. This was a hair raising and thoroughly fun experience. I am proud to have made BluMax's amboyna burl shift nob and E9-Driven grill badge. I am fortunate to have known Murray.

Murray, I'll pass you on the big autobahn in the sky one day!

pamp

Reaction score
I agree....if you do nothing else today...tighten a bolt...shine a fender....something related to the passion...in honor of the man. Me, closure means doing something Murray may have done today, improving the coupe. I threw a head on the floor and started a downpipe lay-out, no real progress....yet....

Attachments

• 100_2156.jpg
    100_2156.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love the stories and photos, keep 'em coming. It dawned on me that Murray passed at 6:15, the exact time he would have pulled into C&C in Blumax. He knew where he was going.

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I regret that I only knew Murray through a few emails over the years; truly wish we had the chance to meet in person. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

pamp

Reaction score
If I had the bucks, talent, or two brain cells to rub together, I would make a sculpture of Murray at the C&C....laid back in his chair and master of all he surveyed.....

rb1971

Reaction score
My sincere condolences to his family. As so many others have already written, he will be deeply missed here.