Murray

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As Ron said, nice service and we had quite a few coupes and fellow enthusiasts. He was quite a handsome man in his day as this photo attests, Murray Fowler, Capt. USN-Ret. And thank you to everyone who bought books and parts from him, you contributed over $3000 to help his wife. When he shared his illness with us it was a much too quick eighteen months. As the chaplain said, Murray was always in charge and ran a tight ship and he decided ultimately when it was going to end.

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 175

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
To those of you who attended the service today: Thank you for being there and helping to represent those of us who could not.

Murray was an inspirational man and he will live on in the memories of the fine members of this forum and the spirit of our E9's!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scott,

Yep a bunch, me, Jay Mackro, Mike Pelly, Tom Rakestraw, Steve Johnson, Gary Wittman, Mark Judy, Paul Cain along with Sarah Pelly's 1600, Mike Burger and his e28, Fred Larimer and his e30 M3, David Schwartz' 1600 and Antony's e28 Alpina. I didn't see what Ron drove. The weather was gorgeous in SoCal today.

Chris

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The way it should be!

Scott,

Yep a bunch, me, Jay Mackro, Mike Pelly, Tom Rakestraw, Steve Johnson, Gary Wittman, Mark Judy, Paul Cain along with Sarah Pelly's 1600, Mike Burger and his e28, Fred Larimer and his e30 M3, David Schwartz' 1600 and Antony's e28 Alpina. I didn't see what Ron drove. The weather was gorgeous in SoCal today.

Chris

johanaxelson

Reaction score
Scott,

Chris

Not quite enough for a 12 horn salute ;)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ah, but our coupes each have two horns so technically we had 16!
i started to say that, but ... i thought i would stay on the high ground side of things. the important thing was that you guys gave him a good send off.

RogerW

Reaction score
I had the privilege of meeting Murray - abet over the phone - in the early 1990's when running the CS REGISTER. What a true gentleman. When it came time to sell our beloved CS, Murray handled everything. It is sad hearing of his passing, but I know he has a bunch of angels helping him polish every part of his heavenly CS. And, you can just imagine the smile on his face...

Murray, as we say in the Navy....Fair Winds and Following Seas my friend, until our wakes cross paths again.

Roger Wray

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We should try to coordinate a day this summer to have a "nationwide" coupe cruise in Murray's honor. Maybe it could be the First Annual Murray Fowler Cruise. :wink:

Dan

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
and everyone post pictures of their cruise on that day - kind of like those coffee table books that document a 24 hour period around the world.

wasatch

Reaction score
Saddened to hear of Murray's passing. Condolences to his family and friends. I spoked to Murray a few times over the phone in the last year and he was all that everyone has said. I'm glad I bought a few of Bluemax's parts, like an organ donation, my car has a bit of Bluemax's (and Murray's) spirit...

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
From the coast to Saratoga is a fun ride on route 7
How fitting to terminate at the Vintage at Saratoga!

I'd go from the coast to Saratoga on Highway 9

...juss sayin'