My Malaga S54 E9

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Hello all, my Malaga S54 E9 will go live auction in few days wish me a good luck, will see if we can push the E9 price back up lately E9 price dropped like Chris E9 couldn't sale
that was beautiful solid E9 I was thinking that should bring over 100K but didn't go up more than a 55K I can not believe that happening to E9, I got really disappointed, what you guys think

111.jpg
174.jpg

Roman596061

Reaction score
e9 BAT sales are certainly at a buyers market - don't understand why they aren't holding their excellent value and historical annual growth.

Having stunning photo's seems to help, like in a studio.

Mine will be going up for sale this month but I'm trying different venues than BAT - collectorcars.com or shiftgate.com

Richard

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
ine will be going up for sale
e9 BAT sales are certainly at a buyers market - don't understand why they aren't holding their excellent value and historical annual growth.

Having stunning photo's seems to help, like in a studio.

Mine will be going up for sale this month but I'm trying different venues than BAT - collectorcars.com or shiftgate.com

Richard
please let me know how is going do you think they do sale same like BAT or better than BAT

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good luck with the price you fetch. Keep in mind auction luck is a fickle mistress, as the quote goes...
BTW, you have the wiper wind deflector on the wrong side. Right there you could lose a few percent points on the bids :).

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good luck with the price you fetch. Keep in mind auction luck is a fickle mistress, as the quote goes...
BTW, you have the wiper wind deflector on the wrong side. Right there you could lose a few percent points on the bids :).
it have been change right after picture, I be happy if that is the only mistake, any way wish me a luck I am superstitious.

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Albert your lead photo is sharp, catches the eye very well. Best wishes for a good sale!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm trying different venues than BAT - collectorcars.com or shiftgate.com
collectorcars.com is not a valid site. Do you mean ClassicCars.com? ClassicCars.com currently has 27 cars on auction.

shiftgate.com is fairly new and actually doesn't have any cars on auction right now (but a few "coming soon").

Hemmings Auctions might be the closest to BaT...but quite a distant 2nd. Hemmings currently has 128 cars on auction. BaT has 781.

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
the way the additional gauges are installed that looks sharp.
But I would have chosen the analog style and not digital ones

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the way the additional gauges are installed that looks sharp.
But I would have chosen the analog style and not digital ones
you are right analog would be much better, but I couldn't fined the one work with this engine, and nice one all gages was chrome that I didn't wanted.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I work over a year on this car to make this engine works right, and I spend so much money that I never will recover what I spend, it was a nightmare and challenging work, it is not like old timer M3 this new engine is very sensitive I send the computer to the spesialist 4 time back and forth and took 3 mount just the computer to be fixed and there is so much wiring it was hell time to conceal all the wiering, I will never try this again, but on the end it drives with unbelievable speed it is one crazy car, thats why I install Willwood big brake system and all 4 disks is ventilated cross drill and slotted disks,

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I work over a year on this car to make this engine works right, and I spend so much money that I never will recover what I spend, it was a nightmare and challenging work, it is not like old timer M3 this new engine is very sensitive I send the computer to the spesialist 4 time back and forth and took 3 mount just the computer to be fixed and there is so much wiring it was hell time to conceal all the wiering, I will never try this again, but on the end it drives with unbelievable speed it is one crazy car, thats why I install Willwood big brake system and all 4 disks is ventilated cross drill and slotted disks,
That is impressive. Your transparency in what it takes to keep this car working, and being a one off custom setup may narrow the people that will bid for it, so you may want to be less transparent and even delete these posts. Either that or be explicit about which shop will maintain this car for the new owner.

From my experience most BMW/European car shops would not touch my car once it deviates from stock. Gurus like Logan and SFDon would deal with any crazy build. Don would give me grief about stuff he did not like, or even go further and modify stuff out of moral indignation without asking me :).

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That is impressive. Your transparency in what it takes to keep this car working, and being a one off custom setup may narrow the people that will bid for it, so you may want to be less transparent and even delete these posts. Either that or be explicit about which shop will maintain this car for the new owner.

From my experience most BMW/European car shops would not touch my car once it deviates from stock. Gurus like Logan and SFDon would deal with any crazy build. Don would give me grief about stuff he did not like, or even go further and modify stuff out of moral indignation without asking me :).
Hello and thank you so much, look like you have more experience than me, honestly there is nothing to hide, the car is completely original except the engine and brake, and that M3 engine also is original and haven't been touch, like for oil change they have to buy 10-60 oil and M3 original filter and o ring comes with it, and that engine is all service is completed new ignition coil that comes with sparkplug, by the book should work 60K mile and new fuel injectors also should work 60K mile by the book, I don't think any one will drive this car 60K mile. the only thing is when I drive I can not drive normal, with the engine noise and exhaust noise and the way it drives you like to push the car it speeds up like crazy, you know that I have 3 E9 and after driving this Malaga I don't like to drive the other E9, I am thinking to install little more stronger engine on the Inka Orange that I will keep that E9, this E9 have potential to swap with LS3 v8 engine, original E9 is to light when is get heavy it drives better and softer and better handling.
I think I talk to much

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good luck with the auction, just saw it go live. One thing that is minor criticism is why is the BMW horn button off center? Little things like that make a difference on BaT. It shows how much the owner pays attention to detail. I bet someone says something about that. I didn't want to mention it on BaT. Wish you the best, will be following.